Weʼve raised £3,356 to Make the Freetown Music Festival 2017 happen!
- Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
- Creative arts and culture
- Time left
- Funded on Friday, 2nd December 2016
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
Ranked as one of the poorest countries in the world, Sierra Leone is a country with a rich and vibrant history of music and story telling. During Ebola, the countries music scene was placed on pause thanks to a 6pm curfew in the capital, Freetown.
Declared Ebola free in January 2016, the Freetown Music Festival in April 2016 was not only a celebration of the abundant music and culture in Sierra Leone, but also in recognition of the countries resilience in the face of such adversity.
Our Goals for the festival:
- To create a platform where local artists of different disciplines can meet, collaborate and develop their skills in order to create better career prospects.
- To nurture the music industry in Sierra Leone and provide a space for artists to practice live music skills with a professional band.
- To celebrate and promote Sierra Leonean music and culture.
- Increase the number of live performances to include a Pan-African line up.
- Increase our social impact/ work opportunities.
- Increase amount of visitors.
- Develop package deal for tourists to attract an international crowd back to Sierra Leone and help to develop a nascent tourism industry in a country with paradise beaches and an amazing history.
The money raised for this campaign will go to paying all our local performers and musicians and our team, including local beach boys, Educaid workers, the Red Cross and our production management team who volunteer their time for free but need expenses & accommodation costs covered.
Freetown Music Festival4 months ago
Freetown Music Festival
A short video made about the festival in 2016: 27 live performers - 6 dance troupes - Open Yu Yi humans right film festival - an arts and craft market selling traditional Sierra Leonean goods - 4 food stalls and over 6,000 visitors!!
Share this update to help us raise more
Freetown Music Festival started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 23, 2016
Nov 9, 2016
Liz and Rod Berens
Nov 8, 2016
About the fundraiser
Freetown Music Festival
Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
The Freetown Music Festival is run by Freetown Uncut, an organisation based in Freetown Sierra Leone that seeks to nurture live music and support musicians in Sierra Leone through live events and artist management.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding