Weʼve raised £452 to Volunteer in Uganda
- Baxterley, United Kingdom
- Funded on Tuesday, 15th May 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Pictured above is an example of a similar project we have previously completed at a Peruvian orphanage in June 2014.
June 2018, primary school volunteer project in Uganda.
In June 2018, myself and Luke, have decided that we will both be embarking on a journey to Uganda. On arriving we will both be volunteering at a primary school, near the city of Kampala.
During our stay we will be contributing, not only to teaching at the school, but also assisting with the maintenance of the school such as:
• Any building work which needs to be one in or around the school ( they are currently trying to get funds to build more dormitories for the children),
• Helping to maintain the general upkeep of the building,
• Assisting with serving porridge to the children, which for some may be their only hot meal of the day,
• Walking the children home from school, children as young as 5 will walk 2 hours a day getting to and from school,
• Organising and leading afterschool activities.
We aspire to enrich the lives of the young people throughout our stay to those who do not have the luxury of our educational facilities here in the UK.
We have covered all major costs of the Volunteering expenses, but would love any contribution towards really helping the organisation, be it towards facilities, projects or even sustaining this wonderful organisation. Any and all contribution is greatly appreciated!
With your help we hope to make a real difference and impact on all the children's lives.
Thank you all so much for your generosity!
- 4 months ago
Gabrielle Porter4 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Gabrielle Porter started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 10, 2018
May 8, 2018
Good luck, guys.
May 8, 2018
Well done guys! Great cause!
May 7, 2018
Apr 2, 2018
Good luck guys!
Feb 5, 2018
❤️ don’t become the machine gun preacher
Jan 17, 2018
Anything that keeps Luke away from us at work for a few weeks I will happily donate towards!Good Luck!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Baxterley, United Kingdom
Hello, Our names are Gabrielle and Luke. We have been together for over 2 years and are both passionate about the welfare of young people. I am currently studying to become a childcare solicitor and Luke is an Engineer at TGW logistics.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.