Weʼre raising £2,000 to draw attention to Spanish hunting dogs that are being routinely tortured and killed, and to provide funds to charities that rescue them.
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Please Note: Donations should be made only on this page by clicking the "Donate" button, then typing the amount you wish to donate.
As a dog-lover, I decided to do something about the abuse of Hunting Dogs in Spain.
In Spain, a country notorious for its animal cruelty, over 50,000 Spanish Greyhound (Galgo) and Ibizan Hound (Podenco) Dogs are annually tortured, killed, dumped in to deep ditches, burnt with acid, hung alive from trees etc., all in the name of “tradition”, a way, apparently, of “erasing the shame” dogs that have brought on their owners, by not hunting properly. Many are also cruelly killed to escape the cost of humane euthanasia.
The Galguerros, hunters that use these dogs to hunt wild game, mainly hare, keep them in awful conditions, often in damp small spaces, covered in faeces, with no natural light. They are given only water and small pieces of bread, in order to keep them in a constant state of hunger so that they are more desperate to catch any prey. The dogs are treated without any affection or humanity. Some are even tied outside in such a way that they’re unable to sit down. The training they receive is horrific. They are often tied to the backs of cars and motor bikes and dragged along at speed.
The barbaric treatment of Spanish hunting dogs, the Galgo and the Podenco, is well documented. These dogs are inhumanely treated throughout their lives, with little chance of any final happy ending. Apart from those that are tortured and killed, many are also abandoned, ultimately dying of starvation or extreme cold Winter weather. Very few end up in rescue centres.
The government in Spain must act to regulate the ownership and treatment of hunting dogs. Legislation against cruelty towards these dogs would be a step further in the right direction.
We want the European Union and the European Parliament to put pressure on the Spanish authorities to act fast and make the following happen:
* Pet Insurance and visits to the Vet
* Advice and support for the hunters (Galguerros) on how to care for Sighthound Dogs (dogs that hunt by sight) properly.
* Proper training for the dogs, preferably advised by experts, instead of the current cruel training.
* At least reasonably comfortable and clean-living conditions, plus proper food.
* Ban the torture and killing of the dogs.
* Regular inspections of Dogs and their owners.
* Regulate the hunting industry and pass the necessary legislation/law.
Please sign the petition by Clicking Here. You can also copy the following link and share it with others.
Apart from signing this petition, you can also do the following to support us more:
1) Copy and share the link of this petition with your friends, family, colleagues, relatives etc – via What’s App groups and/or What’s App broadcast list
2) BCC your contacts in an email and share this link with them.
3) Share with all your contacts via a newsletter, if you have one.
4) SMS/Text of course – if you can send a mass text message to all your contacts, or to at least the ones who think may be interested in this cause.
Share this link to this petition on your social media pages.
Tell people about it face -to- face, and show them this petition when you see them – word of mouth never goes out of fashion.
Those who can help in any other ways, and would like to get in touch, please do so by visiting the CONTACT page on my website (link below).
In anticipation, I thank all of you animal-lovers, dog-lovers and those who just hate seeing animals abuse, for the support you will show us.
To find out more about the abuse of these dogs, google search "spain dog abuse." You can also see the following slideshow.
Thanks & regards,
Share this story
Updates appear here
Emmanuel Ray started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 13, 2020
Great cause Emmanuel. am a cat lover myself, but all cruelty is wrong.
May 31, 2020
May 29, 2020
Hope all is well with you. What a great cause!
May 29, 2020
Thank you 🙏
Apr 7, 2020
Wonderful work you’re doing. I have a rescue Podenco so this a very personal cause for me.
Apr 4, 2020
Apr 3, 2020
Hi. Nice meeting you at Tesco today. Good luck with the cause. Cash donation. Will defo share with my mates! We're all dog lovers.
Become a supporter
Help Emmanuel Ray raise more