Weʼre raising £400 to for Marine Conservation Society
- London, UK
- 10 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I hate running… no no no you don’t understand I really hate running… It’s just not for me, but I have signed up for the British 10k, because I hate plastic in the oceans even more. It is estimated that if we continue with our current development in 2050 plastic will outweigh all fish in the oceans. So if you are also sick of seeing pictures of whales and birds washed up on the shores around the world starved because of the plastic in their stomach, please donate and help me raise money to Marine Conservation Society, who is the UK’s leading charity for the protection of our seas, shores and wildlife.
In order to really to support this charity, please also give up something plastic in your daily life and of course recycle the plastic you haven’t been able to avoid. Give up something plastic today, loads of alternatives can be found on Google, but you can also find mine below.
• Plastic shopping bags - tote bags are sturdier anyways
• Coffee cup lids - I personally fell for the Ecoffee cup as they are made from sustainable materials
• Plastic cutlery - this is an easy one for people just starting to dip their toes in.
• Excessive food packaging - let's face it cucumbers do not need to be wrapped. Try to choose foods that are not excessively wrapped.
• Lunch bag - pack your lunch in a sealable lunch box and avoid plastic bags
• Gum - that's right gum is basically plastic, yum. Have a quick summary of the ingredients here
• Glitter - lets face it, no one needs this and if you really can't live without there are biodegradable glitters out there.
• Microbeads - there are a lot of options for personal care products that do not include microbeads.
If you are giving up something plastic, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below, so we can see how much we have all given up together.
Share this story
- 2 months ago
Charlotte Holm2 months ago
Thank you very much to everyone who has donated and shown their support so far!!! you are amazing!!
Share this update to help us raise more
Charlotte Holm started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 4, 2018
Go for it Charlotte!
Jul 3, 2018
I bet you don't hate running as much as I do. Go for it!
Jul 2, 2018
Go Charlotte, you can do it!! I've given up plastic straws at all the bars that give out paper straws now ;-)
Jun 23, 2018
Given how awful you are at running, this is really cool 👍🏼
Jun 21, 2018
Jun 21, 2018
Hopefully the first donation of many to this worthy cause.
Become a supporter
Help Charlotte Holm raise more
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
I believe we have a responsibility to this planet and to reduce our waste where possible and recycle when not. I hope you will be inspired to give up something plastic and/or donate to remove plastic from the oceans. Thank you for your support.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.