Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

We did it!

Harleen Sandhu raised £1,270 from 33 supporters

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 13/08/2018

0

%

£1,270raised of £1,300 target by 33 supporters

    Weʼve raised £1,270 to promote positive mental health within the Sri Lankan community

    Funded on Monday, 13th August 2018

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    Mental Health is a rising issue amongst people of all ages. There are many treatments available. However, the most effective treatment will always be giving our time and helping to support these people overcome their problems. I am planning to do a volunteering trip to Sri Lanka with SLV.Global. In 2009, a 25 year war finally ended in Sri Lanka. However, this did not necessarily mean emotional and mental scars amongst the people had healed. In 2015, Sri Lanka was in the top 5 countries with the highest suicide rates in the world. Resources and funding for mental health in the country has always been low.

    The aim of my volunteering trip is to see and learn how people in a different country and culture help people in their community with different mental health problems. 60% of my time would be helping them by running activities and sessions. The other 40% of my time would be spent on teaching English to people of all ages in that community. It is always difficult with such fast paced and busy lifestyles to take time out to help people with mental health issues. However, with your help and support I can raise enough money to be able to go and help these people. For more information on this volunteering experience of mine, you can visit the website https://slv.global/placements-abroad/sri-lanka-mental-health-placement

    Updates

    16

    • Harleen Sandhu1 month ago
      Harleen Sandhu

      Harleen Sandhu

      1 month ago

      Update from the Page owner

      Share this update to help us raise more

    • Harleen Sandhu1 month ago
      Harleen Sandhu

      Harleen Sandhu

      1 month ago

      Musical drawing. In this activity, different types of music were played i.e. a happy song and then a sad song. The service users would have to draw how they feel while the song is being played. This was a good way to help them reconnect and increase their emotional awareness.

      Update from the Page owner

      Share this update to help us raise more

    • Harleen Sandhu1 month ago
      Harleen Sandhu

      Harleen Sandhu

      1 month ago

      Update from the Page owner

      Share this update to help us raise more

    6 months ago

    Harleen Sandhu started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 11/15/2018 6:12 PM

    Supporters

    33

    • AMARJIT HAYER

      AMARJIT HAYER

      Aug 8, 2018

      BEST WISHES.

      £10.00

    • Khush, Kiran and Charnj

      Khush, Kiran and Charnj

      Aug 6, 2018

      Wishing you all the best with this great venture xx Khush, Kiran and Charnj xx

      £30.00

    • Ajneet Jassey

      Ajneet Jassey

      Jul 24, 2018

      Good cause - best of luck Harleen

      £40.00

    • David Mark Jones

      David Mark Jones

      Jul 24, 2018

      Well done and good luck.

      £10.00

    • Ranjit Dusanjh

      Ranjit Dusanjh

      Jul 24, 2018

      Carry on doing the good work and you have chosen the vastly increasing problem.

      £50.00

    • Harpal Sidhu

      Harpal Sidhu

      Jul 24, 2018

      Well done keep up the excellent work

      £20.00

    • Steve Bennet

      Steve Bennet

      Jul 23, 2018

      Excellent

      £5.00

    Great people make things happen

    Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

    Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

    About Crowdfunding
    About the fundraiser
    Harleen Sandhu

    Harleen Sandhu

    Report this Page