Weʼve raised £200 to Fund Phase 1 of our journey to end Homelessness
- Sheffield, UK
- Funded on Saturday, 15th September 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Is a new charity that has been set up to eradicate homelessness in England. Having a safe environment to sleep at night should be a basic human right experienced by everyone. This is not the case and even though we have systems in place in the UK that are there to support and prevent people from sleeping on the street, we all see and know that there are homeless individuals in our towns and cities. This is an extremely dangerous environment for any person to endure and is completely unnecessary. We are going to work tirelessly to make sure that any individual sleeping on the street will be provided with safe temporary accommodation to sleep in every night until a permanent solution is achieved. This will be done by providing counselling and assisting for any issues being faced by the individuals that prevent them from accessing the help that is already out there. We will provide warm meals, haircuts, counselling, training and will even guide them into the job market and stay supporting them until they are in a position where they have the network in place around them to be fully involved in society.Many homeless individuals are estranged from families so where appropriate we will assist in reconnecting them.
What we have achieved so far
* Wrote our governing document
* Set up all our processes and procedures so we are ready for anything
* Created all our documents for operational launch
* Created our logo
* Named the charity
* Applied to the Charities Commission
* Set up our base of operations
* Averaging over 100 new Twitter followers daily
* Donations coming steadily
* Getting our collection boxes in more locations daily
* Been accepted into a cash back retail scheme for charities
* Designed and printed leaflets to raise awareness for the charity
* Organised a launch party. Ticket event with great bands due to play
Why are we fundraising now? Phase One.
We are currently raising money for Phase 1 of our operation which is to launch the charity and to get out and helping the homeless. Which includes:-
* Purchasing the fundraising equipment that we need to put into locations and at events.
* Set up a weekly event for the homeless in Sheffield, providing food, getting to them and offering any support that we can
* Putting together care packs to hand out
Phase 1 is just the beginning. Phase 2 will move us from a weekly event to a daily event. Possibly 3 times daily providing food, drinks, and support.
Phase 3 will come after and this is the biggest part of our plan. More details will follow as we move nearer.
- 5 months ago
Adam Mizler5 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Adam Mizler started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 28, 2018
Everyone needs a safe and secure place to call home. Being homeless or threaten with homelessness is serious, on every level.
Debbie and Dave
Aug 1, 2018
Keep up the great work!
Aug 1, 2018
Really looking forward to seeing the gig and how this project evolves!
Jul 26, 2018
Jul 6, 2018
Jul 6, 2018
Jul 3, 2018
Just keep hanging on and hanging in there. It'll come good...
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding