Weʼve raised £0 to help fund a basketball workshop for youth in war torn syria
- Closed on Saturday, 14th October 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
“You will not attain righteousness till you spend in charity of the things you love.”
— The Qur’an, Chapter 3, verse 92.
Assalaam Aleykom/Pearce be upon you brothers and sisters.
Hoops for Hope in free Syria is an initiative to launch and sponsor tournaments and set up basketball workshops in the freed areas of Syria. Its no secret the gruelling toll the war in syria has taken on the people, and recently with the semi truce in place in some areas, people have turned to sports to help take their minds off the everyday struggles here. Some have taken solace in the game of basketball which provides a safe environment. With basically non existent, damaged or poorly build outdoor basketball courts they try to take their minds off the killings all around them and have some fun. With your support we wish to empower and give hope to these youths to become productive adults who will manage life's challenges and develop strong social skills.
The following are the goals we wish to acheive with this initiative
1. Channel young people's passions and provide Da'wah opportunities
2. To engage the youth and steer them away from criminal or detrimental activities, through the development of sporting activities
3. Teaching youth to have good character and build their self-esteem and social integration
4. Teaching how to work togther to achieve something
5. Strengthening a sense of community and brotherhood amongst the participants
6. Creating a fun environment to escape the hardships of war and deliver life skills lessons
Updates appear here
Hoops For Hope In Syria started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding