Weʼre raising £10,000 to grow, develop and turn the #HugosEarthquake Homelessness Awareness Campaign into a Registered UK Charity by 2020.
- United Kingdom
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Hugo’s Earthquake is a not-for-profit, volunteer-run homeless campaign which is based in the UK. It was established in November 2015 and has been successful at raising awareness and changing perceptions of homelessness in the country, especially through local, regional and national media. C&S Earthquake Ltd has been created as a parent organisation to the Campaign as it takes it steps to becoming a fully Registered UK Charity by 2020 and help create a sustainable, working financial model around it.
This is our 9 point plan for growing Hugo’s Earthquake:
• To help establish satellite hubs in different areas and regions of the UK, helping to spread the message of the Campaign and also allow for local issues to be tackled in that specific area.
• Hugo’s Earthquake staff/volunteers will form part of Homelessness Forums set up around the country, to allow a ‘homeless voice’ to form part of local housing and homelessness strategy planning.
• To create a bespoke website for the Campaign which will help the homeless, people working in the sector and our supporters access information they need and require.
• The Campaign will set up a Policy and Research Department where we can carry out specific work around issues effecting or causing homelessness and create papers and evidence to submit to local, national or Government inquiries.
• Volunteers and supporters are what have grown the Campaign to the size it is today. Hiring a member of staff tasked with training and recruiting volunteers will allow our grassroots to remain active and flourish.
• To be able to employ and train staff to do front-line work in helping the street homeless access services, in partnership with other agencies.
• Creating a portfolio of work which will allow us to bid for front-line contracts in Local Authority areas or Government programmes.
• For our Director and Lead Workers to be able to work on the Campaign full time and ensure we have a continuous growth and sustainability strategy, whilst ensuring our work is to high standard and properly safeguards everyone.
• To grow and develop our Press Office to allow for clear, quick and concise information between the Campaign and media outlets, employing Press Officers to help spread the positive messages of the Campaign and get more supporters.
These plans are ambitious and we require your assistance to help achieve them. Thank you for supporting our Fundraising.
Find out more about the Hugo's Earthquake Campaign.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Hugo's Earthquake started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 12, 2018
For the guy who's the most dedicated and honest to the cause. Wish you best of luck.Regards,Shugo
Mar 30, 2018
Keep doing the amazing work and Thank you for everything you've already done for the community! x
Mar 13, 2018
Keep making waves and shouting out for the sake of those who don’t or can’t have a voice.
Mar 5, 2018
To start you off! Good luck
Become a supporter
Help Hugo's Earthquake raise more