Weʼve raised £933 to Raise funds to help support people with mental health during this pandemic. I will be doing a half marathon on IOW Sunday 18th April 2021.
- Isle of Wight
- Funded on Saturday, 29th May 2021
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I'VE DONE IT
Well I’ve done it, my solo half marathon run. That was one very hot and sweaty run but I did it! 👍🏽Definitely feeling it now . I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you all for the support during these last few months. You guys are absolutely awesome👍🏽, the comments, likes, texts, the cheers today, the beeps whilst I was running and the donations. It’s really appreciated. Thank you. I have raised over £700 for mental health on the Isle of Wight. Coral Leach you were my inspiration when you did your marathon 👌 you are amazing helping me with planing my marathon route, the last bits of training, the support to keep me going, the endless supply of water and fruit on the day! I cannot thank you enough, thank you!
The Island Coverage
My Solo Half Marathon Route 18th April 2021
• Start at St George’s School at 1pm
• Right onto Watergate Road.
• Right onto Shide Road
• Left onto Medina Avenue
• Right onto St. George’s Approach
• Left at roundabout onto St. George’s Way
• Cross at light and go into Furrlongs
• Follow Furrlongs right to the end where it joins with Staplers.
• Right into Staplers and cross to other side of the road
• Carry on up Staplers at the roundabout towards Wooton
• Continue past Monkey Haven and Butterfly World where it turns into Whiterails Road
• At next roundabout keep going forward into Station Road
• Turn left onto Gravel Pit Road
• Cross Lushington Hill onto Palmers Road
• Turn left onto Brocks Copse Road
• At funny crossroads go left into Alverstone Road
• Cross Whippingham Road
• Left and then quickly right onto Folly Lane
• Follow twists and turns until you get to the river
• Take footpath along river until marina then join cycletrack and continue until Quay Arts
• Turn right onto Sea Street
• Turn left onto Holyrood Street and next right onto Crocker Street
• Turn right into St.James’ Street, continue ahead onto Hunnyhill and into Parkhurst Road
• Near roundabout go left onto Forest Road
• Turn left onto Gunville Road and ahead into Priory Road and continue to roundabout in Carisbrooke
• Turn left onto Carisbrooke High Street and the at roundabout go right onto Cedar Hill
• At roundabout go left onto Whitepit Lane
• Run to roundabout at Watergate Road
• Turn right into Watergate Road and finish at St. George’s.
+ HALF MARATHON SOLO RUN 2021 +
• Running for Mental Health Isle of Wight 2021 challenge •
🚨📣SOLO HALF MARATHON - DATE CHANGE 18th April 2021 🚨 📣
Following the latest roadmap announcement that the government set out on Monday 22nd February 2021.The new rules have said that the ‘Stay at home’ message will end on the (29th March 2021 Monday)
This means my solo half marathon which was due to take place on the (28th March 2021 Sunday) will have to be postpone to a new date —
📣18th April 2021 (hoping if all things go to plan)📣🙏 We continue to follow the government guidelines and reviewing constantly and if all is well with the steps in place by the 18th April 2021. 🤞🏽 The amazing Coral has helped by messaging me on how to design and what would be the best route and for my solo half marathon run. You can see where I’ll be starting and finishing. 😊I have been training locally in my local hometown (Wootton) which the guidance says you should do. Before the January lockdown I’ve been training into other towns etc, so fingers crossed this event can continue. So far I’ve raised over £420… thank you to those that have donated and shared. It does mean a lot and it’s very much appreciated 😊
• 10/01/2021 - UPDATE - NEW RUN DATE 28TH MARCH • With the current national lockdown of staying at home. I’ve decided to re-schedule my solo half marathon which was set for the 07th February 2021. The new date will now be March 28th 2021. We will closely follow the gov guidelines which says daily exercise can only be in your local area. My solo marathon was to go into a least another town which I cannot do for the meantime. With a stay at home message from the government we must not leave homes to see me run or venture too far. So for now more training can still happen around my home area. Please stay safe everyone. Thank you to those that have donated and supported me. I have raised an amazing £300 so far which is fantastic.
Some of you maybe aware but mental health, special education and social care is my absolute passion and has been for the last 15 years. During this pandemic it has been a real struggle for so many people including the vulnerable. Life is changing daily and so many of our favourite things are closing. I am always up for supporting and donating to fantastic charities. Due to the current situation we are facing this year and still facing with this pandemic with covid-19, I am raising money by doing a solo half Marathon for mental health on the isle of wight. I will be donating the funds to a special needs school on the Isle of Wight St George’s School and the Isle of Wight Mental Health team. Unfortunately there hasn’t been much support for children and adults with mental health during this pandemic. I know a lot of people are facing other challenges but I am kindly asking for any small donations that can be spared or use to sponsor me for this event. This will be a solo run and will be taking place in March 28th 2021 Sunday.
I will be truly grateful if you can support me by donating. You will be supporting and helping so many of our vulnerable people. I am really looking forward to taking on this challenge. Let the training begin.
From Jamie Hindson
Updates appear here
Jamie Hindson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Apr 26, 2021
Apr 25, 2021
Apr 25, 2021
Apr 25, 2021
Well done on your achievement! From Maxine and Jake 🙌
Apr 24, 2021
Purple Bricks Isle of Wight
Apr 24, 2021
Well done Jamie!
The Coghlan Family
Apr 22, 2021
Well done Jamie what an inspiration you are
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding