Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

We did it!

Hugh Brady raised £4,369.19 from 131 supporters


Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 16/07/2023

raised of £500 target by 131 supporters

    Weʼve raised £4,369 to Jessica Brady CEDAR Trust (CEDAR stands for Cancer, Early diagnosis, Awareness, Research).

    Funded on Sunday, 16th July 2023

    Don't have time to donate right now?


    In December 2020, my sister, Jess, passed away at 27 years old. She had been ill for 6 months, but her age and gender meant she was seen as low-risk for cancer, and as a result was merely prescribed numerous antibiotics. She was finally diagnosed with cancer on the 26th November, after going to a private specialist to be specifically tested, and her dependency upon oxygen from this date meant she did not leave the hospital or return home.

    Adults aged 25-49 contribute around a tenth of all new cancer cases, with double the incidence in females than males. Cancers in this age group are often more aggressive and therefore harder to treat. This means earlier diagnosis is essential.

    My mum, Andrea, has spent the last 2 years raising awareness in Jess' name, which has seen her speak directly to the Health Secretary and at parliament multiple times, and she is now setting up the charity: Jessica Brady CEDAR Trust. I'm very proud of her. To help, I am fundraising by running a marathon on 2nd April, and this will be the first time fundraising for this charity.

    "Jessica Brady CEDAR Trust (CEDAR stands for Cancer, Early diagnosis, Awareness, Research) has been set up to raise much needed funds to support earlier cancer diagnosis within Primary Care. Currently only 54% of cancers are diagnosed at stage 1 and 2. It is imperative this improves. According to CRUK, if bowel cancer is diagnosed at Stage 1 there is 90% chance of survival, for five years or more following diagnosis, if diagnosed at Stage 4 this is reduced to 10%. The weight of responsibility in achieving earlier diagnosis lies in the hands of General Practice Doctors. This is why Jessica’s Trust will focus their fundraising upon developing awareness and improving earlier diagnosis within GP surgeries. Our aim is to support GPs by providing cancer awareness training to help improve survival rates for all, regardless of age, race, or gender.

    It is so important to us that Jessica is remembered and she continues to make a difference. She was passionate about raising awareness. In trying to make sense of what happened to her, we recognise that Jess’ young age was a major stumbling block in achieving an accurate diagnosis. Our unexpected journey with Jess has highlighted the need for more support, funding, and research."



    • Hugh Brady1 year ago
      Hugh Brady

      Hugh Brady

      1 year ago

      Thank you so much to everyone who donated - all the support is incredibly touching and inspiring. The total donations got to £4180 which is incredible and has meant the charity has raised enough to go get registered and start making a difference in Jess’ name. Managed to plod around in the target time of sub-4 hours (3:47:21 was the official time) which is great too, albeit I couldn’t walk for a solid 2 days after. Thank you so much again ❤️

      Update from the Page owner

      Share this update to help us raise more

    1 year ago

    Hugh Brady started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 5/21/2023 17.32



    • James


      May 21, 2023

    • Anonymous


      May 16, 2023


    • Alex Hughes

      Alex Hughes

      May 11, 2023

      Love you brother. Strong Run.


    • Ed Spence-Lewis

      Ed Spence-Lewis

      May 11, 2023

      Well done mate


    • Jack Hayden

      Jack Hayden

      May 9, 2023

      Love it mate, well done ❤️


    • Marcus


      May 9, 2023

      Well done… again :)))))


    • Anonymous


      May 9, 2023


    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Great people make things happen

    Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

    Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

    About Crowdfunding
    About the fundraiser
    Hugh Brady

    Hugh Brady

    On 2nd April 2023 I'm running a marathon to raise the first funds for the Jessica Brady CEDAR Trust.

    Report this Page