Weʼve raised £2,693 to Sponsor a Joe Johnson memorial piece to the benefit of young people in Southport.
- Southport, United Kingdom
- Children and youth
- Time left
- Funded on Tuesday, 26th September 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I've been putting off writing this for days now. But when completing the heartbreaking task of arranging Joe's funeral, the two most asked questions have been: "What should we wear?" and "Where should we donate?"
To answer these questions I've had to ask myself: "What would Joe want?" And: "What was Joe like?"
Full story here: https://www.facebook.com/events/224091054759020/?active_tab=discussion
So, in short:
- Wear what you want! Joe took people as he found them.
- Please donate here, so that we can pay towards something leisure based for young people in Southport. I’d really love a Joe Johnson half-pipe (at the new skate park) or to commission some street art for the same.
- OR we will donate the money to a young persons charity or youth group in the area to make sure the money goes into youth and the community, which has been so good to us and Joe. He loved his time at youthie! And he enjoyed his town to the max.
- 5 months ago
Gerry Johnson5 months ago
Hi Everyone - quick update as this page is about to close. I have made enquiries with the council, with regards a memorial at the skatepark. It looks like the prior planned new skatepark may now have been shelved. This money may go towards providing equipment at the existing park or act as seed money towards a new park. I will keep you updated via Fb. The money will be placed in a savings account, untouched, until decisions have been made & approved. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your kindness and generousity. Much love, Gerry xxx
Share this update to help us raise more
Gerry Johnson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 26, 2017
Sep 26, 2017
Sep 19, 2017
I knew Joe when we were teenagers, he was such an incredibly kind, creative, talented, free-spirited person. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in peace Joe. xxxx
Aug 4, 2017
To Gerry and family, looking forward to helping you make a lasting memorial for Joe in Southport. Much love, Ness
Beverley and Neil
Aug 1, 2017
A wonderful tribute to a wonderful son. Shine on Joe xx
Jul 22, 2017
Sending our collection and love from Ainsdale St John's
Jul 13, 2017
So sorry Gerry. Only just saw this on Facebook right now. Wishing you and your family much love at this time. xxx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding