Weʼve raised £24 to help fund Leicester MusicFest 2018
- Leicester, United Kingdom
- Funded on Friday, 9th February 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Leicester MusicFest is a new annual educational music festival, founded in 2017, and consisting of a wide variety of music workshops, concerts and performance competitions, all taking place in an an accessible, supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
The festival is the brain-child of four local music teachers who wanted to do something to address the increasing lack of music education and performance opportunities for young people in our community. The festival aims to be as inclusive as possible, and is committed to keeping all workshops and concerts free of charge for ages 18 and under, and all events heavily subsidised for all attendees so that all ticket prices are very affordable.
Leicester MusicFest held its inaugural weekend in March 2017, and received a lot of support and positive feedback, with around 200 children and young people taking part. We are now fund-raising for MusicFest 2018, which aims to expand the scope of the festival to include two further days of events, including a guitar day, and an opera production as a collaboration between university students and local school children, as well as events based around piano, singing and organ.
Leicester MusicFest is organised and run entirely by volunteers, and is currently funded entirely by the generosity of members of the local and wider community. We are looking toward charitable status within the next couple of years.
• To help young people access inspiring music-making and education.
• To nurture emerging talent, and to provide a supportive atmosphere in which all musicians can enjoy performing.
• To widen access to music by organising inspiring professional performances with free or subsidised tickets.
• To provide a performance platform for amateur musicians at all stages of their musical journey, particularly where performance opportunities are otherwise limited.
• To foster a culture of musical discovery and co-operation by running a wide variety of events within a single festival.
• To encourage sharing of ideas and resources, bringing together the local musical community.
If you can afford to help us financially, please give what you can to help keep music accessible at a time when the arts are being undervalued and underfunded.
If you feel you would be more able to support us practically, please visit http://www.leicestermusicfest.com/support-us to find out how you can volunteer.
Updates appear here
Leicester MusicFest started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 28, 2017
Great 2 see this happening again, good luck!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding