We did it!

john taylor raised £32 from 3 supporters.

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 09/01/2018

0%
£32raised of £10,500 target by 3 supporters

    Weʼve raised £32 to solely be used to obtain equipment and to set a new location to operate from

    Location
    Brecon, United Kingdom
    Time left
    Funded on Tuesday, 9th January 2018

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    We are a married couple, who for some time, had the thought to help those less fortunate.

    So decided to collect can’s for the use of a charity, instead of cash, as for many people these days, there is not enough money to spread to charities. As the can’s get thrown away, we decided, it would benefit many people, if we collected, processed, and donated, to courses worth giving to. The main courses we aim at helping is the homeless, the underfed, and Veterans.

    This in time, will stretch to other charities such as charity nursery schools, hospices.

    At the present time, we are only aiming at the homeless, underfed, and veterans, until we have the business, up and running in a proper orderly workable environment.

    This would need the location, the equipment and a vehicle. These are the obstacles that stand in our way forward, at the present time.

    The only risk we have at present is the lack of funding, to continue to do our good work, for others. If we have no funding, the idea will collapse, and more than anything we would feel that we have let the public down, on something that is so badly needed, in the present state of affairs.

    We have the backing of the public and companies, in the collection of can’s, this is the reason we are growing so fast.

    The benefits would be enormous, if we got the funding we needed to continue our venture, in helping people, like many of us, that need food, which is the substance of us all.

    The Brecon can recycling is a not a profit making company. Where… as 75% of the proceeds will be given as donation, to organisations such as the homeless, food kitchens and food banks within Powys. The other 25% will go towards, rent, rates, electricity, vehicle and equipment.

    The Brecon Can Recycling had been in operation for 1 year. During the early months, intake of can’s had been low. Approximately 20kg per week. As the months have progressed we now find we are taking in 1.5 to 2 tons per month.

    With the large amount of can’s coming in, it has now become, unmanageable as the process of crushing and separating can’s by hand has had an impact on the can’s being processed and weigh in for donations to be made. Storage of in-process of can’s have become, slow, and unmanageable by hand. The space being used, is now, not suitable, as we only have a small space to work in.

    The amount of £10.500 would solely be used to obtain equipment and to set a new location to operate from. we already have £1476 of our own money that we have put towards this cause..

    Cost of Machines.£8.000

    Who we work with.

    Novellis UK largest Aluminium can recycling company.

    Brecon Food Bank

    Sodexo

    How we operate

    We are at this time taking in can’s from the public, also

    6 public houses

    3 cafes

    Military Camp within Brecon

    4 Camp and Caravan sites.

    The venue is operated by two people, physical is done by John Taylor

    Paperwork and over seer Leigh Taylor

    https://www.facebook.com/Brecon-Drink-Can-Recycling

    Updates

    0

    john taylor

    Updates appear here

      6 months ago

      john taylor started crowdfunding

      Leave a message of support

      Supporters

      3

      • Anonymous

        Anonymous

        Oct 28, 2017

        £10.00

      • Nita James

        Nita James

        Sep 22, 2017

        £2.00

      • Anonymous

        Anonymous

        Sep 12, 2017

        £20.00

      Great people make things happen

      Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

      Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

      About Crowdfunding
      About the fundraiser
      john taylor

      john taylor

      Brecon, United Kingdom

      you can find us on our facebook page..https://www.facebook.com/Brecon-Drink-Can-Recycling

      Report this Page

      * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.