Weʼve raised £10 to Great North Run 2018 to help raise funds for South Tyneside Churches KEY project...
- South Shields, UK
- Funded on Friday, 7th December 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
KEY is a small local charity based in South Tyneside. They uprovide advice, support and accommodation to young people aged 16 to 25 who are experiencing hardship and / or threatened with homeless.
Helping prevent homelessness:
• Offering advice and guidance
• Mediating between young people and their parents.
• Peer education involving ex homeless young people going into schools to talk about their experiences.
Supporting young people with independent living
• Giving out emergency food packs
• 2 designated support officers for young people managing their first tenancy
• Flavia House – Shared supported accommodation for up to 5 young people
• Strickland House – Shared supported accommodation for up to 4 young people
• Workshops on cooking healthy meals on a low budget, managing money.
• Advice on find employment and training.
It was set up in 1992 by volunteers from several local churches that came together after a homeless young man died on the streets in winter. KEY has grown steadily since then and now employs 10 workers (full & part-time) and 15 volunteers. We directly support and advise up to 100 young people each year.
- 5 months ago
Kelly Summerly5 months ago
I am no longer able to do GNR SO Gav Spiers will now be competing and fundraising instead ..Good Luck Gav 🏃🏽♂️
Share this update to help us raise more
Kelly Summerly started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 12, 2018
Good luck gav 👌🏻
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding