Weʼre raising £35,000 to support the pioneering Knepp rewilding project and rewilding in general, including reintroductions, monitoring & nature recovery.
- Knepp Wildland, West Sussex
- 3 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
At a time when our natural world is under greater threat than ever before, it is essential we take a proactive approach to nature conservation. Rewilding can play a key role in restoring wildlife and the systems on which all species – including our own - depend.
This Just Giving Account has been established to receive funds generously donated by our supporters which will further the aims of the pioneering Knepp rewilding project and rewilding in general.
The aims of the Knepp Wildland Project are:
1. The reintroduction and reinforcement of species missing from our landscape, such as beavers and white storks. This involves:
a. monitoring the beavers released into the rewilding project at Knepp and recording their effect on habitat and other species
b. monitoring the white stork breeding colony based at Knepp
c. tagging white storks with satellite transmitters to follow their migrations to Europe and Africa
d. maintaining and repairing the six-acre stork breeding pen at Knepp
e. stork feeding and veterinary attention for our pen birds (including the founding birds - injured, non-flying storks originally from Warsaw Zoo)
f. promoting public engagement with these stork and beaver projects, including schools, local community events and school visits
g. providing ongoing advice and support for other stork reintroduction sites in the UK
h. maintaining links along the white stork flyway to Africa.
2. Ongoing wildlife surveys and recording work associated with important natural breeding populations within the Knepp rewilding project, such as tagging and monitoring endangered turtle doves, nightingales, cuckoos and woodcock
3. Extending habitat restoration work to parts of the estate currently outside the rewilding project, including fencing to protect valuable habitats, and creation of additional wetland habitats
4. Instigating new nature recovery projects elsewhere in the UK, including through land purchase for rewilding
5. Community outreach, including providing experience in nature conservation for young people at Knepp
6. Contributing to the national nature conservation debate, including participation in think tanks and lobby groups, and conducting workshops and conferences at Knepp
Thank you for helping to make our world a wilder place.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Knepp Wildland Project started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 20, 2020
Sep 7, 2020
Sep 6, 2020
Thank you. We hope to visit next April. 🙂
Sep 6, 2020
Thank you. Your work is incredibly inspirational.
Aug 31, 2020
Keep up the good work. Lovely day out, we'll be back!
Aug 31, 2020
Brilliant and exciting work. Thank you
Aug 29, 2020
Amazing work guys.
Become a supporter
Help Knepp Wildland Project raise more
About the fundraiser
Knepp Wildland Project
Knepp Wildland, West Sussex
Knepp is a 3,500-acre estate in West Sussex. Since 2001, the land has been devoted to a pioneering rewilding project. Using grazing animals as the drivers of habitat creation, and with the restoration of watercourses, the project has seen extraordinary increases in wildlife.