Weʼre raising £2,000 to Help build Medical Camp in Sierra Leone, West Africa 2018. https://www.betterlivesfoundation.org
- London, United Kingdom
- Health and medical
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Better lives foundation is a UK registered charity that actively works by providing education and medical support in those areas where it is scarce or virtually non-existent. Their objective is to develop a support structure that aims to better health and education for people in developing countries, by organising and implementing medical camps.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do.
WHAT WE DO:
- We better people’s lives and develop a self-supportive structure
- We actively work to provide Free Medical Aid in those areas where it is scarce or virtually non-existent
- We implement camps including pre and post-operative care where needed.
- We initiate Village Outreach Programs to facilitate ‘preventative’ healthcare.
- We build and establish Primary Heath Care Clinics and Day Case Surgical Units
- We provide health education that is relevant to the needs of the local population and environment.
- We work in partnership with other charitable organisation
WHAT WE DON’T DO:
- We don’t give anything less then 100% in our healthcare, ethics and integrity.
- We never leave an area until our project is completed and handed over.
- We don’t cut corners or work in half measures, everything we do matters.
Better Lives Foundation (BLF) was founded in 2008 to support and provide quality medical care and education to those in desperate need.
We have been working in Yonibana, Sierra Leone since 2006, a country that has been severely disrupted and poverty-stricken post civil war, which ended in 2002. Our volunteers, throughout the years, have carried out numerous annual medical Projects to Yonibana, whether they are general medical, or more focused in the areas of surgical, dental or optometry.
To date we have treated in excess of 46,000 patients!
We currently provide support for our local community in different ways to meet their needs. Some of our work consists of running accredited in-house training courses at our Yonibana Sai Hospital for our local students and volunteers. In excess of 60 local students are sponsored to attend Schools, Colleges and Universities, empowering them to become independent adults who can create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. This educational outreach stems from our belief that the local community should in the long term gain independence.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Koosje Kosters started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support