Weʼve raised £85 to help Peruvian children I worked with in the past three months, who live in low-income communities and have very difficult family background
- Huanchaco, La Libertad, Peru
- Local community
- Time left
- Funded on Sunday, 31st December 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
There are three things you need to know about why I’m fundraising.
1) The challenge of my life is just behind me: in the past 3 months, I was volunteering for a charity called Otra Cosa Network in Peru. Besides being in charge of digital marketing, I was working with children who come from dysfunctional families with major economic problems, and struggle to keep up with school. I was developing activities and projects for the boys and helping them develop and learn useful skills they can benefit from in the future.
2) I fell in love with my project and would like to continue supporting the boys from the distance, therefore, I'm raising some funds. Therefore, I’m turning to you to ask for your help. If you think what I was doing is meaningful and you would like to contribute to projects that promote education and social development in local communities in North Peru, please donate.
3) Because the Otra Cosa Network and its local partner that runs the children’s home have so limited resources and can’t count on support from the government, I’m planning to send the money to them so that they can buy some materials and equipment, such as boardgames, books etc. that the kids need.
I highly appreciate if you have got so far in this. If you still think, my challenge has made a difference and you are willing to support it, please do so. Every small donation counts.
Thank you in advance for your support and in compensation, you can find some stories and photos on how I worked together with the children and learnt together with them about myself, their culture and human rights.
You can find my updates on my blog: https://mytimeinperublog.wordpress.com/
And on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/krisztisaroy/
Read more about Otra Cosa Network at: http://otracosa.org/
Thanks for your support!
Updates appear here
Krisztina Saroy started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 25, 2017
Oct 21, 2017
¡Qué buena iniciativa!
Jul 11, 2017
Wish you all the best xxx
Jul 10, 2017
Jul 10, 2017
Wow. That sounds great. Enjoy your time in Peru.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Huanchaco, La Libertad, Peru
I am a human rights activist, junior digital fundraiser and a former volunteer of Otra Cosa Network in Norther Peru. You can find out more about me at the following social media sites: https://twitter.com/krikrisaroy https://www.facebook.com/krisztisaroy
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.