Weʼve raised £50 to send a shipping container out to the charity in Kenya, with donated items including to help start some self sustainable projects.
- Kent, UK
- Social welfare
- Time left
- Funded on Thursday, 16th March 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
WHO WE ARE
• The charity 'Light for Kenya' began in 2008 in Kenya in a small village in the Masai region.
• The Charity is run by the local community from various backgrounds etc. Pharmacist, Teachers, Farmers.
• Their sole aim is to help support and change the lives of the Masai people mainly vulnerable children, adults and families
• The charity helps to build houses, pay for school fees, provide school uniforms and shoes, HIV testing and food supplies
• To date they have in excess of 900 children on their records and this number is growing all the time, as they reach out to more and more villages.
• To make sure every vulnerable child is registered and care for
• Is to build houses for families in need
• To pay for school fees, uniforms, shoes and books
• To provide medical care, including HIV testing
• Food provisions for the most needy
• Cost of provisions:
Family house = £250
Schools fees for one year = £210 approx.
School uniforms = £12.50
Mattress = £25
• Is to set up sustainable projects to help fund the charity i.e. Selling fruit tree seedlings, internet café, renting out marquees for weddings, political campaigns and mobile clinics.
• Supply basic tool kits for older children who have left school to start apprenticeships
• To have orphan children living in Homestead communities with house Mother’s
We are currently trying to raise funds to send a shipping container out to the charity with donated items such as; computers for the internet café & surrounding schools, clothing, school uniforms and educational supplies. Also to deliver a marquee to start up one of their sustainable projects.
Updates appear here
Laura George started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 19, 2016
Dec 19, 2016
Nov 23, 2016
Best of luck x
Nov 23, 2016
I hope you will be able to support the community. Best of luck xx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding