Weʼre raising £5,000 to send a shipping container out to the charity in Kenya, with donated items including to help start some self sustainable projects.
- Kent, UK
- Social welfare
- Time left
- 54 days to go
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
WHO WE ARE
• The charity 'Light for Kenya' began in 2008 in Kenya in a small village in the Masai region.
• The Charity is run by the local community from various backgrounds etc. Pharmacist, Teachers, Farmers.
• Their sole aim is to help support and change the lives of the Masai people mainly vulnerable children, adults and families
• The charity helps to build houses, pay for school fees, provide school uniforms and shoes, HIV testing and food supplies
• To date they have in excess of 900 children on their records and this number is growing all the time, as they reach out to more and more villages.
• To make sure every vulnerable child is registered and care for
• Is to build houses for families in need
• To pay for school fees, uniforms, shoes and books
• To provide medical care, including HIV testing
• Food provisions for the most needy
• Cost of provisions:
Family house = £250
Schools fees for one year = £210 approx.
School uniforms = £12.50
Mattress = £25
• Is to set up sustainable projects to help fund the charity i.e. Selling fruit tree seedlings, internet café, renting out marquees for weddings, political campaigns and mobile clinics.
• Supply basic tool kits for older children who have left school to start apprenticeships
• To have orphan children living in Homestead communities with house Mother’s
We are currently trying to raise funds to send a shipping container out to the charity with donated items such as; computers for the internet café & surrounding schools, clothing, school uniforms and educational supplies. Also to deliver a marquee to start up one of their sustainable projects.
Share this story
Laura George started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 19, 2016
Dec 19, 2016
Nov 23, 2016
Best of luck x
Become a supporter
Help Laura George raise more