Weʼve raised £760 to fund a new music festival in Leicester, creating opportunities for amateur musicians of all ages to learn, perform and be inspired by music
- Leicester, United Kingdom
- Funded on Tuesday, 31st January 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Leicester MusicFest is a brand new music festival in the vibrant city of Leicester. In our first year we focus on piano, organ and singing (choral & solo), offering competitions, workshops and concerts. We plan to broaden the scope of the Festival to include more instruments and genres in future years.
- To help young people access inspiring music-making and education.
- To nurture emerging talent, and to provide a supportive atmosphere in which all musicians can enjoy performing.
- To widen access to music by organising inspiring professional performances with free or subsidised tickets.
- To provide a performance platform for amateur musicians at all stages of their musical journey, particularly where performance opportunities are otherwise limited.
- To foster a culture of musical discovery and co-operation by running a wide variety of events within a single festival.
- To encourage sharing of ideas and resources, bringing together the local musical community.
Leicester MusicFest is organised and run entirely by volunteers. We rely on the generosity of donors and patrons, and hope that you will join us in supporting this valuable cultural asset for the benefit of the musical life of Leicestershire.
Updates appear here
Leicester MusicFest started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Maria & Rowan
Jan 1, 2017
Happy New Year and best of luck!
Dec 5, 2016
Dec 5, 2016
Nov 29, 2016
Nov 21, 2016
Good luck with the new music festival.
Nov 13, 2016
Nov 13, 2016
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Leicester, United Kingdom
We are raising £3,000 to fund a new music festival in Leicester, creating opportunities for amateur musicians of all ages to learn, perform and be inspired by music.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.