Weʼve raised £2,730 to Hi Friends once again I am having to beg you for money to provide Christmas for children and families in Financial hell.
- Funded on Friday, 27th March 2020
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Hi Facebook friends, following our Christmas Hampers last year, I have been contacted again by even more school welfare teams across Tendring and Colchester. By social services, by Police officers Asking for us to help they each have families (not the odd one) but several families who are so poor that Santa will Not land on their roof, nor climb down their chimney there will be no presents under the tree.
Why because there is so much poverty within the family.
The problem though is a hundred times worse there will be no food on the table.
These families rely on foodbanks just to get by
That’s Right in 2019 in the fifth richest country in the world, in our community children will not be able to celebrate Christmas.
This is wrong, worse than wrong. This absolutely breaks my heart and reduces this big ugly old man to tears. How can I sit in a house of plenty with so much poverty within my community?
We were on Christmas eve 2018 able to donate Hampers and presents to 51 families, we created Buckets full of tears, Laughter and joy where there was misery and despair.
Through your generosity we provided a Christmas day for 201 children where there was nothing but misery and despair
Children’s eyes lighting up on Christmas morning, families bound together by joy
I am going to shamelessly ask you to donate Cash If you can spare any.
Also new toys (sorry not second hand)
The £100 winter fuel allowance I received just for being old. Add to that £50 because I am to lazy to send Christmas cards.
So, we start with my £150
• I ask you please not to judge but to accept that these are innocent Children going without.
• Every single penny donated will be spent on struggling families. (it is more likely I will top up)
• We will provide as we did last year a full Christmas day hamper with Breakfast, Dinner, tea, cakes fruit and fancies. (average £75)
• We will give each family £20 for Electric or gas so they can be warm and cook their dinner
• We will give all families wrapped presents for the children also adults.
• I will ask Firefighters in Colchester and Tendring to deliver at the same time Checking and if needed replacing or supplying smoke alarms making sure our families are safe. (last year we fitted 6)
Last year even though we raised £4500 and helped 51 families enjoy a normal Christmas day I was aware of so many we missed.
I will of course need volunteers to help me Shop and wrap
I appreciate every penny donated but I beg you not to give more than you can afford
Thank you so much Les xx
Updates appear here
LESLIE NICOLL started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 23, 2019
Clive & Sandra Welch
Dec 18, 2019
Keep up the good work Les you are a star!
Dec 18, 2019
Thank you for all the good work you do
Dec 17, 2019
What a great thing to do for local families.
Dec 16, 2019
Thank you for doing this,Colette
John & Michelle Ormrod
Dec 16, 2019
Dec 14, 2019
I hope this small donation helps. X
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding