Weʼve raised £1,225 to fund a life-saving portable defibrillator for a local football club as part of the Suffolk FA #LiveFootballChallenge
- Suffolk Coastal District, UK
- Funded on Wednesday, 23rd January 2019
Don't have time to donate right now?
The Suffolk FA #LiveFootballChallenge
Sudden cardiac arrest can and does occur to people of all ages, who to all outward signs look fit and healthy. When someone has a cardiac arrest, their chances of survival decreases by 10% for every minute lost without CPR and defibrillation.
As part of the Suffolk FA's 2018 Love Football, Live Football week of action, our staff and board members will be raising funds to try and give back vital life-saving support to the grassroots football community here in Suffolk. We see this as a great opportunity to support our volunteers and give back to the local football community.
The challenge will see members of our team cycle 312 miles - one for each of our Suffolk grassroots club - over a 24 hour period, starting at 14:30 on Friday 19th October. The fundraiser will culminate with chief executive Richard Neal cycling from Stowmarket to Portman Road for the Ipswich Town vs QPR game on Saturday 20th October, where we will be doing a half-time talk to raise awareness of cardiac risk and our project.
Suffolk clubs can enter the competition to win the funded Defibrillator, in the following way:
1. Clubs must donate towards the competition via the #LiveFootballChallenge Just Giving Page, clearly stating the club's name alongside their donation.
2. Each £5 donation equates to one entry into the competition to win the defibrillator i.e. £20 donation = 4 entries. The deadline to apply is 11:59pm on Sunday 21st October and a winner will be drawn at random on Monday 22nd October.
3. Clubs must post a photograph on Twitter or Instagram with supporting text on 'what they Love about football'. Please ensure you tag @suffolkfa and use the hashtag #LiveFootballChallenge to be eligible to win.
Thank you for your support in making football safer within Suffolk.
Updates appear here
Suffolk Football Association started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding