Weʼve raised £0 to fund the once in a lifetime opportunity of me undertaking an expedition to Borneo with Camps International.
- Southminster, United Kingdom
- Closed on Monday, 19th November 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Staying away from home is a thought that worries me and therefore being a part of the expedition will certainly be a challenge. However, after researching and evaluating the conditions of people who live is less-fortunate areas of the world, such as Borneo, it occurred to me that they face challenges far worse every single day. Therefore, I feel encouraged to take part and dedicate 4 weeks of my life to helping the rest of somebody else's. At any one time, there is over 100 humanitarian projects being undertaken by students with the help of Camps International, in locations all over the world. During my trip, I will be applying myself to the best of my ability and will contribute and support projects involving many different aspects such as:
- Education: Helping generations of children and babies by building a new school,classroom or kindergarten.
- Community: Constructing vital facilities for the local community including libraries, bridges and community centres.
- Healthcare & Sanitation: Improving the health of a whole community though installing and developing local communities.
- Food & Water Security: Installing new water storage facilities and gravity water feed systems.
- Environmental Protection: Replanting saplings in areas affected by deforestation.
Sustainable Livelihoods: Constructing market areas to enable local traders and farmers to bring produce.
The trip will take place over a period of 4 weeks in 2019. During that time I will be doing hard (though effective) hands on work such as constructing buildings to support local community and planting trees.
(Ps: I Like my false nails and I am petrified of worms & spiders so I will have to overcome these fears which is an achievement in itself...)
Updates appear here
Maisie Billson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Southminster, United Kingdom
I am passionate about devoting my life to helping others, and by funding this trip you are giving me the opportunity to apply myself to helping those less-fortunate in Borneo. During the expedition, I will be appealing to support multiple environmental and humanitarian projects..