Weʼve raised £1,005 to Help the Homeless
- London, UK
- Funded on Thursday, 31st January 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
All HOMELESS PEOPLE are are ALCOHOLICS or DRUG ADDICTS!!
Do you know someone that has suffered from a relationship breakdown, redundancy, poor mental health, domestic abuse? – these are just some of the reasons why people end up homeless.
People don’t choose to be homeless - they find themselves sleeping on the street because they are facing a major crisis that means they’ve ended up with nowhere else to stay.
DID YOU KNOW:
* On average, homeless people die at just 47 years old, compared to 81 years for the average UK citizen. A homeless rough sleeper is 9 times more likely to commit suicide than the average person.
* Six in ten rough sleepers surveyed said they had been insulted by a member of the public, and one in ten said that they had been urinated on.
* Homeless people are 17 times more likely to be a victim of violent crime than the general public, and 47 times more likely to be a victim of theft.
* More than one in three have been deliberately hit, kicked, or experienced some other form of violence while sleeping rough.
* Three in ten female rough sleepers experience sexual violence at some point while homeless.
Every year myself, my son and some friends work together to help the homeless in London around Christmas. From funds raised we put together care packages consisting of essential food and hygiene items, as well as hats, gloves, scarves and socks to help keep people warm.
We spend time travelling around London and handing out care packages to those in need, talking to individuals less fortunate than ourselves and hearing their stories, listening to their concerns and giving advice where possible, but more importantly showing that people care.
Please give what you can, no matter how small, to help us reach our target of £2,000.
- 2 years ago
Marc McAuley2 years ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Marc McAuley started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 30, 2018
Marc you always deliver and care. You are doing a great job my man, big respect to you and all that you do for the homeless. 👏👏
Dec 19, 2018
Well done Marc. Keep up the good work.
Dec 19, 2018
Hope you reach your goal x
Dec 17, 2018
Dec 16, 2018
Amazing work Marc! What you are doing is outstanding and inspiration x
Dec 16, 2018
Such a great cause Marc, it breaks my heart to see so many people on the streets. Well done on making people's lives a little bit easier
Dec 14, 2018
A great cause! Best of luck reaching your target this year.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding