Weʼve raised £6,355 to A Group Running the Victoria Park Half for Meet Me There Weekender. Not for profit festival supporting the projects of Dream Big Ghana.
- Funded on Wednesday, 31st January 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We're raising funds to help support the Meet Me There Weekender 2018, a celebration of Ghana's rich art music and culture. Profits from the festival are going towards supporting Dream Big Ghana's education and sanitation community programmes. The money raised will help with general running costs of the festival and enable us to reach our target of raising enough money for a local toilet block.
Dream Big Ghana - is a charity that operates between two very poor coastal village communities called Dzita and Agbledomi in the Volta region of Ghana. The population is around 10,000 and the main income is derived from fishing and farming, the majority of villagers subsist below the UN poverty baseline of $1.25 a day.
Our Mission is to assist the villages of Dzita - Agbledomi by putting in place development projects that have the potential to improve the lives of villagers. Core objectives are as follows:
- Work alongside the village communities concerned in order to set up practical and sustainable sanitation, health/healthcare, education and sports coaching projects that meet their everyday needs.
- Involve villagers and other key stakeholders in all aspects of project planning, implementation and evaluation.
- To provide practical volunteering opportunities for citizens from the UK and the other developed countries to support the delivery of projects prioritised for action.
- Secure adequate funding and in-kind support for projects from individuals, government, companies, trusts and foundations.
Highlights of our charity so far have been:
- Completing the Community Learning Centre, which provides books, computers and a space for learning for our community.
-Recently completing our 67th toilet in the community, providing toilets for around 1,500 people .
- We hope that our next highlight will be the completion of a compost toilet block in the local school. The festival taking place in March is aiming to raise enough funds in order to make our dream a reality. Profits from the festival will be directed to this project.
- 10 months ago
Meet Me There10 months ago
ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL THE AMAZING SUPPORTERS TO OUR CAUSE! We really appreciate it. Please keep up to date with our projetcts via Facebook: Dream Big Ghana/ Meet Me There Weekender. Look forward to sharing with you the photos to you all.
Share this update to help us raise more
Meet Me There started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jan 31, 2018
The best memories at MMT, hope the weekender goes well and gutted to be missing it. Keep doing great work 💚
Jan 28, 2018
So very well done!!! A huge achievement xxxxx
Dec 21, 2017
Well done Sam for completing the run and supporting such a good cause. I am only just getting around to doing all my admin so hence rather late in the day!
Dec 9, 2017
Well done!! Super proud!🙌🏻
Dec 8, 2017
Dec 8, 2017
Well done Amy! Great time for a great cause!
Dec 6, 2017
Well done X
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Meet Me There
We are running the Victoria Park Half for Meet Me There Weekender - Ghana. The race is on 2nd December and we are running either 13.1 miles, 5km or 10km. MMT is a not for profit festival with an aim to raise enough funds to build a compost toilet block for the local school.