Weʼre raising £10,000 to help increase The Mono Box's outreach, expand our community and provide 400 bursary places in 2021!
- 10 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
What a year.
Despite the financial challenges and the loss of our space at The Biscuit Factory, The Mono Box has persevered and adapted to this new online world (see some of our juicy stats below!).
However, we need your help to ensure we can continue delivering all year round workshops and events that are accessible and low cost.
Can you help us reach our target?
We are committed to providing a number of BURSARY PLACES and every £1,000 raised creates 40 bursary places! This time continues to be immensely difficult for so many people, and now more than ever, we need to ensure that access to theatre is a reality.
A portion of the money will also go towards providing BSL INTERPRETATION for all our Coffee Morning Q&A events.
If you are able to, please do donate what you can and help us spread the love! And, of course, feel free to circulate amongst any millionaire friends that you may have.
Finally, we want to say THANK YOU to all our supporters through the years. Running The Mono Box is hard but necessary work, made all the more possible with continued support from the community.
Now for the juicy stats...
The Mono Box in 2020:
- We launched The Monologue Library with over 130 recordings of our favourite actors performing speeches, which has now become a permanent resource for emerging talent, educational institutions and lovers of theatre. We have received 18,863 hits on the website so far!
- We launched our hugely popular Coffee Morning Q&A events and have welcomed 1,900 participants this year (so far!).
- We offered 36% of all participants free/bursary/pay what you can places
- We’ve continued our support of freelance working professionals (38% of participants) with continued training and inspiring events.
- Over 30% of participants this year are new to The Mono Box and through our online work, and we have engaged a new audience of regional & international participants making up 31% of all bookers.
- All of this hard work has meant that 4,185 workshop participants have engaged with us this year alone, and we have employed more freelance facilitators than ever before.
A bit more about us:
The Mono Box offers actors and theatre-makers affordable, continual training, writing and performing opportunities, affordable rehearsal space and access to a unique play collection of almost 4,000 play texts, donated entirely by industry professionals. The Mono Box instils in its members a strong sense of artistic empowerment and over the last 6 years it has filled a void in the business & helped demystify this challenging industry. It is a powerful and supportive community - whether you’re new to the business or vastly experienced - all are welcome at The Mono Box.
THE MONO BOX MISSION:
To SUPPORT emerging talent in theatre
To provide access to a UNIQUE RESOURCE of 4,000 play texts.
To ENCOURAGE the personal, professional & social development of young
artists through our EXTENSIVE WORKSHOP & COURSES PROGRAMME.
To equip emerging artists with PRACTICAL TOOLS for the industry.
To form a COLLECTIVE that fosters & nurtures creative relationships.
We need your help to keep supporting this pool of emerging talent and to secure the future for The Mono Box so we can continue to reach those who need it most.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Polly Bennett and Joan Iyiola started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jan 18, 2021
Bravo for your work ! xxx
Jan 13, 2021
Love what you provide. Quality training and space for the community to support, collaborate and share skills with each other.
Jan 13, 2021
Jan 9, 2021
Jan 6, 2021
Thank you for all you do!!!!x x x
Jan 5, 2021
I didn’t know this existed and I enjoyed finding it
Jan 5, 2021
Become a supporter
Help Polly Bennett and Joan Iyiola raise more