Weʼve raised £156 to give something back to the charities that helped us after losing our baby, Jude. I'm hoping to raise the money by taking part in a 5k race.
- Funded on Tuesday, 26th September 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
When we lost Jude at 22 weeks into the pregnancy, there were a number of charities that helped us, and without their help our experience would have been even more distressing. I want to raise some money to give back to those charities, so that they can continue to help other families that find themselves in a similar situation.
Therefore, I intend to run a 5k race at Carsington water on the 17th September and I'm hoping that people will sponsor me!
With there being a number of charities involved, and not all of them are registered with just giving, I have decided to set up a crowdfunding page rather than a normal just giving page, so that I can allocate the funds accordingly.
The charities I'm hoping to raise money for are:
• 4Louis - they provided us with a memory box with lots of little keepsakes, including two teddy bears (one to stay with Jude and one for us) and a foot/hand print kit.
• Aching arms - they gave us a teddy bear that helps with the feeling of empty arms.
• Hospital Chaplaincy - they helped with the costs of the funeral
• Lets talk about William - they gave us tiny clothes to dress Jude in and another set for us to keep.
• Forever stars - they have provided a special suite at the Queens Medical Centre, away from the delivery and maternity ward, where we were able to spend time with Jude and try to take in what had happened, yet still be supported by the midwife. Forever stars are currently raising money so that they can provide a similar suite at the City hospital.
I'd be really grateful if you could spare a couple of quid to help me with this and wish me luck with the run! I'm not a natural runner!!
Updates appear here
Natalie Harwood started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 24, 2017
Well done on your 1st 5k
Sep 18, 2017
Well done lady - super proud of you xx
Sep 15, 2017
Shell & Ron
Sep 11, 2017
I'm sure Jude would be immensely proud of you. Always Loved, Never Forgotten, Forever Missed. Good luck with your run. Lots of love xxx
Sep 3, 2017
Good luck xx
Sep 3, 2017
Best of luck Natalie. Xxx
Emma & Ben
Aug 28, 2017
Good luck! We won't be able to come up and support you round but we'll try our best to be with you in spirit and jog around the woods xXx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding