Weʼve raised £30 to to volunteer in Peru for 4 weeks helping remote communities and to build schools with Camps International.
- Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
- International volunteering
- Time left
- Funded on Saturday, 21st October 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In July 2018, I am travelling to Peru to volunteer with Camps International. I will spend 4 weeks working on various projects to benefit and transform local communities.
- I will visit the community of Kajilarakay, which is extremely poor with no basic sanitation or sewerage, and a lack of adequate drinking water. There is also a shortage of crops leading to malnutrition. I will be working on the school kitchen and greenhouse to provide a hygienic place to prepare meals and boosting the nutrition of each meal.
- I will visit the communities surrounding Lake Titicaca, which remain some of the poorest in Peru. The remoteness and inaccessibility of this region means that there is little or no help available from surrounding regions. Here I will help to continue to build community facilities and a classroom for the villagers as well as restoring the school greenhouse.
- I will visit the community of Pinchollo, which sits on the edge of the mighty Colca Canyon at 3,600 metres above sea level. Due to its remoteness and relatively harsh environmental conditions, the community here is very poor. I will help by continuing many varied projects to improve the lives of this charming community.
This will be a life changing trip for both myself and the people I will be working with, but I need your help please. I need to raise £4200 in donations/sponsorship. Due to the amazing generosity of so many people, I have already raised £3200 so this is the last push for the remaining £1000.
PLEASE - HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND SPONSOR ME TODAY!!
Updates appear here
Nia Webber started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 4, 2017
Wishing you the best of luck in raising the money you need for your trip to Peru. Hope you have a fabulous time - from all of us at Gardiner Opticians!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding