Weʼve raised £975 to build a clean and hygienic kitchen in an urban slum of Kolkata, India.
- Cambridge, UK
- Health and medical
- Time left
- Funded on Friday, 9th December 2016
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
With over 1.5 million people living in 3500 unregistered slums in Kolkata, India, we conducted an assessment in nutrition and health education of mothers and children in three urban slum areas in the city of Kolkata, India.
Slums are defined as areas having 25 or more katcha structures; houses barely held together with no private latrines, water facilities or kitchens.
We found out that 85% of the mothers and children in the urban slums are malnourished, which can be easily avoided if they had the education.
So, we need your help to build a Teaching Kitchen for them . This will build capacity and support mothers with limited resources to achieve the best nutrition for their children.
The kitchen will also serve as a community hub for:
- Malnutrition screening / prevention
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention
WHAT WILL YOUR FUNDS BUY?
- £100: Purchase of some basic utensils and supplies for the kitchen
- £150: Purchase of all basic utensils and supplies for the kitchen
- £250: Training of the local mothers in cooking and basic hygiene
- £500: Continuous electricity (generator) and clean water supply for the kitchen
- £1000: Structural components of the kitchen: Wood, Bricks, Construction workers etc.
Help us make our vision sustainable. Help us give these children a longer life. Help us give these mothers hope that their children will live in a better tomorrow.
- Website: http://www.nnedpro.org.uk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nnedpro/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nnedpro
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nnedpro
Updates appear here
- 1 year ago
NNEdPro Group1 year ago
Thank you to all of you who supported our endeavour so generously. NNEdPro Chair Prof Ray is currently in Kolkata, India where he has started planning and organising the project to build the teaching kitchen.
Share this update to help us raise more
NNEdPro Group started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Maahika & Taneesh Singh
Dec 9, 2016
Oct 30, 2016
Funds raised at Diwali function in Cambourne organised by Mudra Academy and Time Bank
SOUTH LONDON DURGA PUJA COLLECTION
Oct 10, 2016
Funds raised at S London Durga Puja (09/10/2016) - THANKS organisers: Arup Ghose and Dr & Mrs Basu | NNEdPro: Ananya, Minha, Shivani, Rinku, Glenys | special thanks NIKITAH for performing in support!
Oct 10, 2016
An excellent work towards mankind! The need of the hour! I wish you every best!
Oct 6, 2016
Sep 25, 2016
Dear Shumone,This is a fantastic project! Good luck and keep doing good work! I am proud to be part of the NNEdPro!
Sep 14, 2016
Keep up the good work...
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
We are a group of nutrition researchers who want to give a better tomorrow to children living in urban slums. We hope to spread awareness of the importance of nutrition and healthy eating in primary care and practice.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.