Weʼve raised £975 to build a clean and hygienic kitchen in an urban slum of Kolkata, India.
- Cambridge, UK
- Health and medical
- Time left
- Funded on Friday, 9th December 2016
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
With over 1.5 million people living in 3500 unregistered slums in Kolkata, India, we conducted an assessment in nutrition and health education of mothers and children in three urban slum areas in the city of Kolkata, India.
Slums are defined as areas having 25 or more katcha structures; houses barely held together with no private latrines, water facilities or kitchens.
We found out that 85% of the mothers and children in the urban slums are malnourished, which can be easily avoided if they had the education.
So, we need your help to build a Teaching Kitchen for them . This will build capacity and support mothers with limited resources to achieve the best nutrition for their children.
The kitchen will also serve as a community hub for:
- Malnutrition screening / prevention
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention
WHAT WILL YOUR FUNDS BUY?
- £100: Purchase of some basic utensils and supplies for the kitchen
- £150: Purchase of all basic utensils and supplies for the kitchen
- £250: Training of the local mothers in cooking and basic hygiene
- £500: Continuous electricity (generator) and clean water supply for the kitchen
- £1000: Structural components of the kitchen: Wood, Bricks, Construction workers etc.
Help us make our vision sustainable. Help us give these children a longer life. Help us give these mothers hope that their children will live in a better tomorrow.
- Website: http://www.nnedpro.org.uk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nnedpro/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nnedpro
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nnedpro
NNEdPro Group started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Maahika & Taneesh Singh
Dec 9, 2016
Oct 30, 2016
Funds raised at Diwali function in Cambourne organised by Mudra Academy and Time Bank
SOUTH LONDON DURGA PUJA COLLECTION
Oct 10, 2016
Funds raised at S London Durga Puja (09/10/2016) - THANKS organisers: Arup Ghose and Dr & Mrs Basu | NNEdPro: Ananya, Minha, Shivani, Rinku, Glenys | special thanks NIKITAH for performing in support!
About the fundraiser
We are a group of nutrition researchers who want to give a better tomorrow to children living in urban slums. We hope to spread awareness of the importance of nutrition and healthy eating in primary care and practice.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding