Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Come 1st September 2018 a group of Junior Squash Coaches are planning to play a match on EVERY squash club in Northamptonshire.
Just to add a greater challenge we’re cycling between each venue. The plan is to start in Kettering at 9am and finish in Brackley late into the evening.
So that’s 70 miles of cycling and 14 games of squash, all in one day.
Why are we doing this?
A very good question which I keep asking myself!!
We are doing this to promote the squash clubs in Northamptonshire and to raise some money for the Junior section of Northants Squash Association.
Just to give you a picture
Junior squash at the county level was non-existent until very recently. Last year we organised;
8 Grand Prix events
8 County Training session
The closed county Junior championships
95 children have taken part in these events
That’s good but….
Whilst we are very proud of what we have achieved we want more and have a 10-year plan to be competitive at the Junior level at the intercounty level.
● This coming year we are stepping up the game with Junior Team squash, getting 9 Junior teams in internal leagues
● We are also aiming to expand the base of Juniors so that we can grow the Junior section and find the children who can coach towards the inter county standard.
How can you help?
● If you would like to challenge yourself to the full experience, we are asking for a £50 minimum contribution to join us
● You can join in at one of the squash venues and support us there
● We will need a team of people to help with logistics
● Donate to the cause via our Just Giving Page
What will you do with the money?
● We will invest in kit for the teams
● We will support Junior coaching and invest in individuals who need support
Share this story
Updates appear here
Martin Hall started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 21, 2018
All the best on what sounds an exhausting day!
Aug 20, 2018
Hope saddle sores don't effect your games guys A donation in Martyn Harper's memory as he would be very proud
Elliot and Darren Bayley
Aug 20, 2018
Aug 20, 2018
Good luck everyone!
Nick & Jacqui Naysmith
Aug 19, 2018
Good luck with the challenge and many thanks to all for your work at the club.
Aug 18, 2018
Good luck with your fundraising Steve. Love Louise, Rory and Emilie x
Aug 17, 2018
A great cause ... looking forward to helping out where I can.
Become a supporter
Help Martin Hall raise more
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
I am one of the coaches at Brackley Squash club in the south of Northants. I have been playing squash since I was 19. I was really inspired when I got into team squash. Like most parents I wanted to get my children to play so I worked with the club to set up the Junior Section.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.