Weʼve raised $50 to The Girls Opprtunity Fund : Supporting African girls to think “global”, to have opportunities and actualise their potential.
- mashonaland central -Zimbabwe
- Funded on Friday, 16th March 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
There are three objectives to the fund:
1. Equip two resource centres with IT facilities and books for two communities in Murewa and in Shamva. Technology is an enabler for opportunities for girls in rural communities today.
2. Provide educational assistance and support to girls who have experienced child marriage or teen moms. Re-entry to education or training is critical to rebuilding the social and economic assets of girls as mitigation of the abuse experience.
3. Facilitate self confidence, awareness and self esteem through exposure and creative exchange visit for girls including through sport especially girls soccer.
Just like the millions of African women and girls, we are more than a statistic of under development, a measure of preventable moralities, illiteracy, inequalities and deprivation in our communities. Girls and women in Africa are innovators, talented and change agents. Often such girls simply lack opportunities in life.
Girls must claim their space and voice in the totality of their identity without limitations of race or place of origin. Girls must have opportunities to go global, without a sense of internalized inferiority, with the ability to fight prejudices present in today’s world. They need the confidence to strive for equality of peoples, fight for justice everywhere and stand against racial discrimination in their personal lives, the workplace and their communities
- 2 years ago
Girls Opportunity Fund2 years ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Girls Opportunity Fund started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 20, 2017
Go girls! We can make this happen together.
Sep 18, 2017
Not much , but i hope it helps :)
Sep 18, 2017
For my sisters
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Girls Opportunity Fund
mashonaland central -Zimbabwe
African girls need to build their social and economic assets. They need opportunities in education, with technology, mentorship and exposure. this project aims to enable them to be active and critical actors in the transformation of our societies.