Weʼve raised £81 to buy a defibrillator for Old Park Wood Caravan Park.
- Funded on Tuesday, 11th July 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
DEFIBRILLATORS SAVE LIVES!
If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed within 3-5 minutes of cardiac arrest, survival chances increase from 6% to 74%.
I will be running the Windermere marathon on the 21st May to raise funds.
When someone has a cardiac arrest, every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 7-10%. Please help us to protect residents, staff and visitors at Old Park Wood by buying a defibrillator. We hope that we will never need to use one but having a defibrillator will maximise the chances of resuscitation during an emergency.
Please help us.
• There are approximately 30,000 Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests per year in the UK
• In 2013, the Emergency Medical Services attempted to resuscitate approximately 28,000 people after they suffered Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests
• Of the 28,000 people EMS attempted to resuscitate, 8.6% survived and were discharged from hospital
• Approximately 80% of Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests occur at Home; 20% in Public Places
• The current rate of initial bystander CPR in England is reported to be around 43%
• 12 people under the age of 35 die every week due to sudden cardiac arrest in the UK
• 270 children die in the UK per year after suffering a Sudden Cardiac Arrest at school
• When someone has a cardiac arrest, every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 7-10%
• Currently only 20% of cardiac arrest victims are in a ‘shockable’ rhythm when the EMS arrive; this figure can be increased if more cardiac arrest victims received immediate, effective CPR from bystanders
• If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed within 3-5 minutes of cardiac arrest, survival chances increase from 6% to 74%
• Emergency services average response time to a cardiac event related incident in an urban area has increased from 8 to 11 minutes
• Without immediate treatment, 90-95% of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims will die
Updates appear here
Stephen Burton started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 20, 2017
Well done Mr Burton. From www.darrenbrandmagic.co.uk
May 24, 2017
May 23, 2017
Well done Steve
May 19, 2017
May 19, 2017
Good Luck Stephen, From Jayne, Jacson and Daniel x
May 18, 2017
Good luck, hope the weather is kind and not to hot for you, try to enjoy and remember every step is a step closer to the end.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding