Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

We did it!

Oscar Richards raised £3,820 from 37 supporters

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 12/11/2018

0

%

£3,820raised of £4,500 target by 37 supporters

    Weʼve raised £3,820 to go on a 4-week charity trip to Borneo.

    Colchester, United Kingdom
    Funded on Monday, 12th November 2018

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    Hi, my name is Oscar Richards. I'm a 15 year old who has decided to go on a 4 week charity trip to Borneo in 2019. Whilst there, there will be 4 main aspects of my trip: Education development (building schools in the local area and teaching some locals), Water security (improving the water systems in the local area), Habitat conservation (planting trees to reduce deforestation and visiting an orang-utan sanctuary) and Adventure (going on a 4-day jungle trek and finishing the trip by zip-wiring from one island to another). I feel this trip will open my eyes to the world and teach me to count my blessings.

    To go on this trip I have to fundraise £4000, about 40% will go to the local charity and the other 60% will fundraise my trip. This isn't an easy task at my age but I have a few strategies: I've set up a car washing company called 'Chamois and Shine ('https://snazyoj.wixsite.com/chamois-and-shine) , I've organised/ I'm going to organise quiz nights and I'm going to do a sponsored something. However I would hugely appreciate any support you are willing to give so please feel free to donate. It will help me massively. Thank you.

    Updates

    0

    Oscar Richards

    Updates appear here

      1 year ago

      Oscar Richards started crowdfunding

      Leave a message of support

      Page last updated on: 10/16/2018 6:43 PM

      Supporters

      37

      • The Taylor Clan

        The Taylor Clan

        Oct 16, 2018

        Well done Oscar, You've worked so hard and we hope you have a fab time. Love Zak, Rebekah, Zara, Esther

        £30.00

      • Helen Conner

        Helen Conner

        Sep 27, 2018

        Well done Oscar you are working so hard at your fundraising for a great purpose. Hope you get as much from it as the people you will be helping. Much love, Helen Stu Finlay and Ailsa xx

        £10.00

      • Guy and Helen - Sussex

        Guy and Helen - Sussex

        Sep 19, 2018

        Well done for caring about the environment and our world .Hope the bike ride went well ...wish we lived closer and you could clean our cars !!!! xx

        £20.00

      • CousinWendyfromAmerica

        CousinWendyfromAmerica

        Sep 18, 2018

        Hope you had a good bike ride with no mishaps!!

        £20.00

      • A Pam and U David

        A Pam and U David

        Sep 17, 2018

        Proud to be related to you. You have done so well this far. We need you to get there so we can see photos and the result of all your efforts.

        £20.00

      • Alicia B.

        Alicia B.

        Sep 17, 2018

        Good luck Oscar, go save the Orangutans, and protest against the deforestation of the rainforest to lucrative palm oil industries. Say no to palm oil. :-)

        £5.00

      • Natasha Hyde

        Natasha Hyde

        Sep 16, 2018

        Good luck Oscar! Sounds like a great trip and some really good groups to be supporting

        £20.00

      Great people make things happen

      Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

      Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

      About Crowdfunding
      About the fundraiser
      Oscar Richards

      Oscar Richards

      Colchester, United Kingdom

      Report this Page