Weʼre raising £500 to help elect local community minded people to Portishead Town Council and North Somerset Council in May 2023
Don't have time to donate right now?
In May 2019 you made a choice to put people before politics and you chose local people who would work with you for the benefit of Portishead. We have achieved a lot together:
- Protecting our open spaces through Town Village Green status for the Golf Course and the Portishead Town Council purchase of Brackenwood Woodland
- After 13 years of obstruction, the Portishead Wheels and Skate Park is being built.
- Tackling crime in Portishead with a new CCTV system
- Slade Road Play area and Lake Grounds improvements after years of neglect
- Supporting 400+ elderly and vulnerable residents through the pandemic and helping people keep warm and deal with the cost of living crisis.
- We are proud to have brought £400,000 of external money into Portishead with a National Lottery grant alone being worth £112,000
Let's not have Weston or Westminster politicians take this away. Let's take back local control and do even more together.
- The Lake Grounds is ours, paid for by Portishead residents in 1951. Support our campaign to bring it back to Portishead at zero cost.
- We need our Post Office and Bus services Back. Let's make it happen
- Help us fight to make Slade Road Playing field a community asset and stop development there or around Weston Big Wood.
We have a lot more more to do together and we are asking for your continued help and support . Thank you.
Promoted by I Slatter on behalf of Portishead Independents, 9 Ridge Close, Portishead, BS20 8RQ
Share this story
Updates appear here
Portishead Independents started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Mar 27, 2023
Mar 27, 2023
Mar 24, 2023
Well done, Portishead Independents! You are making a real difference in our town.....keep doing what you do!
Mar 22, 2023
Just had some Portishead Conservative junkmail pushed through my door attempting to spin the truth which has a)reminded me to do this and, b)inspired me to double the donation I had originally planned
Mar 20, 2023
Martin &Jenny Parry
Mar 14, 2023
Become a supporter
Help Portishead Independents raise more
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.