Weʼve raised £210 to help fund a community hall and kitchen in Hayes
- Hayes, UK
- Funded on Saturday, 20th October 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Seventh day Adventist (SDA) community in Hayes would like to get more involved in the community life and contribute to helping solving some of the community needs.
Based on a community needs survey conducted in April 2018, it was decided to support meeting some of the areas of need highlighted in the survey results. The following focus areas were agreed:
1. Activities that support the wellbeing of the elderly people in Hayes such as fitness classes, befriending service where people can meet outside their homes and socialize with others in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
2. Free health improvement programs such as vegetarian/vegan cooking classes, fitness classes, stress relief seminars, complete health improvement programs including free health checks and many more
3. Serving of healthy meals to homeless people especially during the winter months
4. Free sewing classes for people of all age groups
To be able to provide the above services, there is a need to acquire a building with a hall with kitchen facilities. Therefore, the SDA community in Hayes has embarked on a fund raising campaign to raise funds for a community hall with kitchen facilities. This will be developed as part of the Heathrow International SDA church building project.
I will be running a half marathon on 5th August 2018 to raise £5,000 for this cause.
Your support in making this a reality is greatly appreciated.
Updates appear here
Peter Mwansa started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 11, 2018
Thank you for your dedication to our church project!
Aug 10, 2018
All the very best.
Aug 2, 2018
Peter, all the very best for this nouble cause.
Jul 13, 2018
Good luck Peter
Jul 8, 2018
Good luck Peter. Sounds like a great cause. Leigh-Ann
Jun 29, 2018
Jun 25, 2018
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding