Weʼve raised £10 to Help fund planting of economic trees at South East Nigeria.
- Funded on Tuesday, 9th October 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Having travelled across Sahara Desert twice by land, across some parts of the Sahel region (Northern Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso) by land, I have personally seen the threat of desertification. I have also withnessed the high rate at which trees are felled at South Eastern part of Nigeria, which posses serious adverse consequences for the environment and threatens the future of the unborn generation.
As a result of the above, I have therefore decided to raise £10,000 to plant economic trees at primary schools, secondary schools and other public places at South East Nigeria. The following are the benefits I hope to achieve:
1. Source of revenue to the people and source of livelihood.
2. Provides shield during the hot session.
3. Trees serve as a buffer to winds (wind breaker).
4. Revenue to the state.
5. Beautifies the environment.
6. Help with fight against global warming.
7. Replacements to the already felled trees.
8. Source of heat (firewood).
9. Help with fight against ecological problems like erosion.
10. Improves the quality of air people breathe.
11. Trees provide foods for our animals and livestock.
Updates appear here
Chinedu Vincent Akuta started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 14, 2018
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding