Weʼve raised £0 to fund the Play Hub community kitchen; providing access to specialist resources to support independent healthy lives.
- Llandrindod Wells, Powys, United Kingdom
- Children and youth
- Time left
- Closed on Thursday, 5th January 2017
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
The Play Hub is a new dedicated centre that increases access to services for children, young people and families. Acting as a central Hub for play, community activities and events and providing extended volunteering opportunities for residents of Powys. Responding to the needs of children, young people and families throughout Powys, further improving opportunities for the local community and supporting outreach projects addressing the local issues of rural isolation and poverty.
Our vision sees The Play Hub at the heart of the community providing a sustainable, secure, diverse and accessible space that is valued and supported by the people of Llandrindod Wells and the surrounding areas. Through the Hub we aim to promote, enable and facilitate inclusive activities, which embrace and address the play, education, training, employment, welfare, health, social, cultural and recreational needs of young people and the wider local community.
To better support local residents we wish to create the Community Kitchen; a communal cookery workshop facility for all, including socially disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals and fully accessible for individuals with a disability or additional need.
The Kitchen will:
- Offer a greater understanding of healthy eating to enable participants to have a balanced diet for good health and well-being, and ensure they get the cooking skills and food education to help them reach their full potential.
- Provide all aspects of basic education, including academic skills, personal development, social development, moral development, vocational and/or subsistence skills and life skills.
- Enable informed decision making around food and diet and set up, maintain and manage their own homes.
- Facilitate social interaction and peer support
- Encourage and support wider social interaction and active community involvement.
Ben Webb started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
About the fundraiser
Llandrindod Wells, Powys, United Kingdom
Play Radnor is committed to the development of play opportunities across Powys, aiming to ensure that all children and young people have the chance to engage in recreational, play and leisure activities.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding