Weʼre raising £100,000 to help fund heart operations for children
- Canterbury, UK
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Polisano Foundation gave in 2016 a chance of life to over 15 children suffering from severe cardiovascular disease. Since then they have helped hundreds of children having life saving operations. For all these patients, surgeries could not be performed in state hospitals because of the complexity of their conditions and lack of qualified medical personnel and necessary equipment. By mobilising our partners, world-renowned doctors coming to Romania to serve these patients, we manage to find medical solutions for people who have no hope, at much lower cost than if the same interventions would be made abroad. Complementing our individual program Together for Life, our projects contribute to community health groups and larger communities.
With the help of world renowned surgeons from big UK hospitals they manage to have pro bono surgery sessions for children that can't afford to have this operation abroad. Each operation costs around £5000, but there are some special ones that can cost up to £20.000.
These are just a few of the people involved in this project:
* Conf. Dr. Victor Costache, Cardiovascular surgeon, Polisano European Hospital, Sibiu
* Prof. Rob Martin, President of the British Paediatric Cardiology Society
* Dr. Serban Stoica, primary physician in paediatric cardiovascular surgery at Bristol University Hospital
* Dr. Sune Johansson and Dr. Peter Liuba - Primary Paediatric Interventional Cardiology, associate professor at the University of Lund, Sweden
You can see all their partners at www.fundatiapolisano.ro/medical-teams/
Share this story
Updates appear here
Adrian Stroia started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Hi everybody, I decided to create this campaign because for 12 years I've worked with these people and I know and I share their vision and values. See details: Polisano European Hospital from Sibiu, Romania (www.clinicapolisano.ro) Polisano Foundation (www.fundatiapolisano.ro)
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.