Weʼve raised £527 to National Hereditary Breast Cancer Genetics.....Supporting the National Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline
- Funded on Friday, 3rd November 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
MAKE ONE PERSON AWARE…. and save a family for generations to come...
It’s OK to ask….The National Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline was founded in 1996 by Wendy Watson, at a time when little or nothing was generally known about Hereditary Breast Cancer. We now know, thanks to the hard work of this organisation, the following:
• One in eight women in the UK develop breast cancer.
• With early detection, 90% of patients will be long term survivors
• An increased risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer can run in families.
• One In two hundred women carry an alteration in a breast and ovarian cancer gene placing them at a very high risk.
• Men can develop breast cancer and pass on the risk to their daughters – they also have an increased risk of prostate cancer.
• The Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline runs 24 hours a day to support women and their families affected with familial cancer.
Two very special people in my life are heavily involved in this topic and in order to show my support I volunteered to jump out of a plane...Considering my fear of flying and heights, it was probably the scariest thing I could have done!!!
I would love you all to pledge towards this in aid of this fantastic cause and urge you all to check out the link below to understand more about hereditary Breast cancer.
Any donations are welcome - no matter how small, it all adds up! :)
Updates appear here
rebecca nevin started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 1, 2017
From the Neils Yard Raffle :)
Oct 27, 2017
Sarah, Paul & Finley xx
Oct 19, 2017
Well done Boo you did amazing! Fab cause too, you’ll smash your target! 👍😘
Helen + Martin
Oct 18, 2017
So very proud of you hun x
Oct 18, 2017
Still looking gorgeous at however many thousand feet, and all for a very worthwhile cause 😘
Oct 4, 2017
Well done booface !! :) xx
Oct 1, 2017
Well done boo - amazing cause!! Xxx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding