Weʼre raising £2,000 to help the Street Orchestra of London to provide live music for Everyone, Anywhere. http://www.streetorchestra.co.uk/
- Creative arts and culture
- Time left
- 48 days to go
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
Since running a record-breakingly slow 5K in 2013 to raise money for Help Musicians UK, I have taken an extended break from athletic society. On 29th May I will attempt to run my first ever 10K (Vitality London 10,000) to raise money for the Street Orchestra of London. Your support will make a huge difference to the work we're doing, and will be gratefully appreciated!
“This has genuinely been one of the best weeks of my life. It has truly restored my faith not only in the power of music, but in the importance of community and the ability of everyone to make the world better in a small way.” - Rachel (SOL cellist)
The Street Orchestra of London exists to bring high quality, live music to Everyone, Anywhere. We believe that everybody has an equal right to enjoy live, high-quality music – for free.
With your support, we can:
- Reach a wider audience, including hospice patients, care home residents and asylum seekers;
- Provide public performances free of charge in railway stations, parks, museums and public spaces;
- Redefine the classical music experience and take high quality orchestral music out of the concert hall;
- Support young musicians’ development in gaining experience in performing in unconventional spaces.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.streetorchestra.co.uk/
Share this story
Rebecca Herman started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Apr 28, 2017
Run your heart out! And happy birthday too love MDMKXXX
Apr 24, 2017
Apr 20, 2017
Good luck Bex!! Xxxxxxx
Apr 18, 2017
Apr 10, 2017
Hope it all goes amazingly! Jox
Apr 10, 2017
Carrie Bean Stute
Apr 5, 2017
Have fun, Bex! XoCarrie
Become a supporter
Help Rebecca Herman raise more