Weʼre raising £1,000 to Help care for the vulnerable in Danby, Sleights and the surrounding areas during the coronavirus outbreak.
- New House Farm Westerdale, Whitby North Yorkshire, YO21 2DY
- 21 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are a community interest company dedicated to combating loneliness and isolation.
We promote independence and aim to revive the culture and heritage of the North York Moors through local traditions and activities.
In more normal times we host Memory Lane lunches and singing sessions and Good Old Days memory afternoons, encouraging isolated and vulnerable people to come together and spend time with each other.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we have had to stop these sessions and find other ways in which we can help people.
We are providing a range of services including:
- Regular phone calls to chat, be positive and to attempt to waylay fears.
- Identifying issues re: food, prescriptions and any other potential problems
- Assisting setting up shopping deliveries and (if essential) delivering shopping if no other alternatives found.
- Facilitating prescription deliveries
- Providing information and linking people with useful contacts.
- Directing people to register extremely vulnerable people on the government website
- Encouraging nice things like exercises with The Green Goddess and the National Theatre performances on TV !
We are currently supporting almost 100 people in the local area and petrol, phone and insurance costs are mounting.
If you are able to donate, even just a small amount, it will enable us to continue delivering these valuable lifelines to those in need.
Share this story
Updates appear here
D SWALES started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 3, 2020
Thanks to Karen for our wondeful face masks 🙂 donation sent to a great cause!
Jul 1, 2020
For a face mask from Karen for Rosie
Terri-louise & Mathew Smith
Jun 28, 2020
Thanks so much to Karen Stephens for making some masks for myself and my husband in the aid of this fabulous charity! X
Jun 16, 2020
Jun 1, 2020
Thank you for my mask, Karen! Proud to be part of Debbie’s lockdown team xx
May 28, 2020
Masks are fab thank you. Xxx
Dawn & karen
May 26, 2020
Hi small donation for the x2 face masks. Thanks
Become a supporter
Help D SWALES raise more