Weʼre raising £2,500 to help Magen David Adom save more lives with a new Ambulance in Israel as part of their 70th Anniversary of Saving lives for 70 years!
- London, UK
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I got acquainted with a Non-Governmental Organisation called Magen David Adom (MDA) and its services in Israel last year. Magen David Adom is Israel’s only national ambulance and medical emergency response service formed in 1930. They provide expert emergency treatment to everyone, indiscriminately and regardless of race, creed, religion or ethnic affiliation. Apart from that:
- They responded to around 864,506 medical emergency calls last year - that’s more than 1 a minute! And that includes road accidents, births, everyday emergencies, suicide bombs and other terrorist attacks.
- They are also responsible for collecting, testing and distributing 300,000 units of blood each year - more than 96% of the blood that Israel needs.
- They participate in many projects where they also distribute food parcels to the poor, support disabled and elderly people and run a people-tracing service handling 2,000 cases each year, 98% of which are related to the Holocaust.
- They provide medical support for the large number of Syrian refugees taken in by Israel.
For these and many more inspiring reasons, I have dedicated myself to their cause whenever possible to help raise funds and awareness of the life-giving work that they do.
This summer, I will be taking part in a Trekking Initiative (I am so not ready for this!) with a collective group of 35 individuals who are united with the same passion and dedication to MDA UK. Where we will be Trekking across Israel in October for 6 days to help raise £70,000 for Israel's 70th year since its declaration of Independence.
** Please note that the funds raised will not be in any way a sponsorship of my trekking trip as I have paid that in full by myself.
The money raised will solely be used to purchase a new Ambulance in celebration of "Saving Lives". My target of £2,500 will go towards part of the £70,000 together with the rest of the fundraisers for this initiative.
I understand that It’s never easy to ask for sponsorship and monetary contributions especially in a world full of scepticism and paranoia and I will understand your hesitancy or even your inability to give. However, I want you to know that I will be so grateful if you could even sacrifice and donate one day's worth of your lunch money (a mere £10) to this amazing initiative.
Help me raise £2,500 ASAP and I will keep you updated throughout this progress. I will be personally so grateful for every bit of contribution in helping us get a new ambulance to save that much more lives!
One ambulance can be that difference between life and death. Your support means that more lives can be saved.
With much love and hope (courage and strength),
Share this story
- 2 months ago
Rachael Renovah2 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Rachael Renovah started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 22, 2018
Well done this is what life is all about, you are a rockstar!
Jun 10, 2018
God bless this work xxx
Jun 10, 2018
Jun 10, 2018
Jun 8, 2018
Jun 5, 2018
May 17, 2018
“I will bless those that bless you”... Go be a blessing and be blessed.
Become a supporter
Help Rachael Renovah raise more
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
A model who loves social projects and is passionate about giving, changing and transforming lives in practical ways for the Greater Good.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.