Weʼve raised £5,825 to support the activities of the Sawali Foundation
- Balaka, Malawi
- Funded on Wednesday, 19th September 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Sawali Foundation runs the charitable activities within the local communities which surround Toleza, our farm in Malawi. As well as running the farm, Clive and Julia/Mum and dad have for years now been heavily involved with support for the local communities in areas such as education, sport, sustainability, reforestation – this is valuable work close to their hearts.
The Sawali Foundation Initiatives include:
· Scholarships: for students that have qualified to go into secondary education: The students are assessed each term based upon their academic achievements and in conjunction with their respective head masters and faculties. They are required to show diligence with respect to their attitude and studies.
Four fully funded residential scholarships at Bunda College that are focused on agricultural studies and intended to encourage students in the Sawali area to return to their villages and contribute to the development and expansion of agriculture and local farming initiatives.
· Bicycle programme: Students that have to travel long distances get the opportunity to borrow bicycles (there are some 12 of these available). The problem that was encountered was that the long distances from home to the school was undermining performance at school. These bicycles are returned to the farm each term and repaired/maintained.
· Sports: Sporting activities once a prevalent activity in Malawian schools, are now very diminished especially amongst female students. The Sawali Foundation has organised sporting activities centered around inter school football and basketball tournaments. These tournaments are held each year and are supported by qualifying rounds during which team spirit and individual skills are developed where there are sports masters available. The Sawali Foundation also holds a very popular athletics sports day. All sports events suffer from a lack of skilled instructors and sports masters. Support is badly needed at all levels of sports in schools.
· Other projects: In the community and villages around the farm the Sawali Foundation runs reforestation programmes, health clinics, nutrition workshops and land husbandry.
Updates appear here
Isabella Stanbrook started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 28, 2018
Thinking of you. Clive was a great mentor and I will always keep great memories of him.
May 28, 2018
May 21, 2018
Lovely memories of fish and chips!
May 17, 2018
For Clive and his wonderful ideas!An old friend.Christian Fauvelais
May 14, 2018
Sincere sympathies. A terrible loss but an incredible legacy. RIP.
May 12, 2018
Lots of love to the Stanbrooks xxxx
Misick & Stanbrook
May 9, 2018
We would like to express our condolences to the Stanbrook Family. He was a valuable contributor to the success of our Law firm and he will be missed.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding