Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

0

%

£320raised of £5,000 target by 15 supporters

Weʼre raising £5,000 to help fund new floodlights at SCTFC

Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
11 days to go

What is crowdfunding?

Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

Story

Many of our regular fans, visitors and users of the 3G pitch will be very familiar with one of the first objects to greet you on the way through our main gate – one of 8 floodlight stands directly in the way of the main drive. These flood lights stanchions have served us well for over 50 years and the lights for around 30 years, but are coming to the end of their life span. We have been looking into the future full replacement of these lights, with the aim for them to be more efficient, cost effective, reduced to 4 floodlights rather than 8, better for the environment, and all in all better for the many users of the pitch.

Recent repairs to the electrics of one of the lights highlighted the corrosion, degrading wiring and the heavily weathered housings that the lights sit in. This has led to the decision to fully replace the floodlights within the next 12 months.

The pitch usage has grown massively since the 3G pitch was put in 8 years ago, which has put a massive strain on the current floodlights. The lights not only provide evening football for the SCTFC and Paget Rangers FC first teams, but provide light for the many age groups, recreational groups, Women’s football and the academy.

Early estimations put the cost of the work at around £75,000 for the replacing the lights, with 70% of this being funded by the FA Ground improvement fund. This leaves 30% of this to be funded by the club, with the hope to gain some donations from the many people that enjoy the facilities that the floodlights are used for. It would be great for the crowd funding to contribute towards this project with the help of our many fans, customers, and local businesses to help improve the facilities to be enjoyed by all. Any donation is greatly received and will be put straight into the fund for the lights.

Over the coming week’s formal enquiries and plans will be drawn up for the lights and this information will be shared as soon as plans are firmed up.

Share this story

Updates

0

Alexander Moloney

Updates appear here

    4 months ago

    Alexander Moloney started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 6/7/2018 8:55 AM

    Supporters

    15

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Jun 7, 2018

      £10.00

    • Bev Howell

      Bev Howell

      Jun 7, 2018

      Looking forward to watching the boys shining brightly under the new lights 💙💙💙

      £10.00

    • Tracey Taylor

      Tracey Taylor

      Jun 3, 2018

      Happy to help Sutton light up the Town!

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      May 21, 2018

      £10.00

    • Paul Harris

      Paul Harris

      May 20, 2018

      Keep our grass roots football going (Men & Ladies) 👍

      £10.00

    • Frances Morris

      Frances Morris

      May 8, 2018

      Hope the little donation helps. Both my boys at the academy.

      £10.00

    • Luke Callaghan

      Luke Callaghan

      May 3, 2018

      £10.00

    Alexander Moloney

    Become a supporter

    Help Alexander Moloney raise more

    About the fundraiser
    Alexander Moloney

    Alexander Moloney

    Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham

    Director at Sutton Coldfield Town FC

    Report this Page

    * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

    Donate