Weʼve raised £6,380 to help support and aid the children and families of the Shatila Refugee Camp
- Funded on Monday, 22nd May 2023
Don't have time to donate right now?
Hi everyone, thanks for visiting our new fundraising page
Just to introduce ourselves, we are Mohammed and Saoud, a martial arts instructor and filmmaker based in London. This is our second fundraiser for the children and families of the Shatila Refugee Camp, having successfully raised just under £16,000 last September for aid projects and initiatives in the camp!
With your amazing donations, we were able to set up a number of projects, including but not limited to:
• 300+ school bags, complete with stationary and books for children for the new academic year.
• A health care centre, in which we purchased wheelchairs (both electric and normal), walkers, heart rate monitors, crutches, braces for a number of different body parts, as well as other disposables like diapers and more. The purpose of this project was to support the elderly and disabled residents of the camp in their basic day to day but important tasks.
• A centre for Tatreez (cultural embroidery) for women, to learn how to sew their own embroidered pieces in the hopes that they can be sold and provide the women with long term skills and an opportunity for income. The centre doubled up as a holistic space for these women, many of whom were unemployed and didn’t have much of a social circle, to come and express themselves and connect in a safe space.
• A 5 day intensive Jiu-Jitsu training camp, in which we ran 3 classes a day for a number of different age groups of young children, both boys and girls. We also purchased the jiu-jitsu mats for the sports centre. These mats will last for years to come.
• A football kit distribution in which we distributed 120 brand new custom made football kits for the Shatila Refugee Camp youth football teams. These wonderful kits where designed exclusively for these children by the renowned sportswear brand FC Palestina.
Our purpose for this follow up trip is to support the initiatives we’ve already begun, by providing them with extra funding, as well as using our resources to attempt to give these initiatives long term sustainability so they can be self serving indefinitely.
For this trip we will be joined by our friend Abdul Fattah, also a martial arts competitor in the sport of Jiu-Jitsu, in order to continue on with the training camp and hopefully build more confidence in these young children.
Thank you for your time in reading this, below are some pictures of the initiatives that we began, we hope you like them and want to support us in pushing these projects even further!
You can follow our personal instagram pages for more updates and other work we’re doing.
Follow - Mohammed
Follow - Saoud
Follow - Abdul Fattah
Follow - FC Palestina
Updates appear here
Mohammed Yusuf started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 2, 2023
Keep up the incredible work brothers !
Apr 27, 2023
Apr 26, 2023
Apr 24, 2023
Apr 22, 2023
Keep up the amazing work you’re doing!! You’re changing lives!
Apr 22, 2023
Best wishes from Florida
Apr 21, 2023
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding