Weʼve raised £3,210 to Support Cool Earth & Blesma
- Funded on Monday, 1st May 2023
Don't have time to donate right now?
-The MONGOL RALLY - Team c'MON let's GO... LIA!
Taking the direct route is boring, this applies to everything in life. So we have decided to take ‘The Unroute’, where the normal rules don’t apply and getting lost is imperative to the adventure. We have decided to follow our hearts and forget our heads (not literally, we will need them with us). We have decided to embark on an adventure of a life time, The Mongol Rally. And we need the help of legends and lovers of the earth to sponsor our banger of a car to make it from the UK all the way to Mongolia (and back), all in the name of charity and Planet Earth.
- Cool Earth - Chairty working alongside rainforest communities to halt deforestation and its impact on climate change. Putting local people, who are uniquely suited to manage and protect the rainforest, first. This aligns with our beliefs on taking care of the planet, reducing our impact and living a more sustainable life. We hope to be as sustainable along the journey as possible and aim to show that long distance travel can be done in an environmentally conscious and sustainable way - https://www.coolearth.org
- Blesma – Military charity for all serving and ex-service men and women who have experienced loss of limb, use of limb, hearing, sight or speech, either during or after service. This charity is close to our hearts as Doug is a veteran, his service inspired him to retrain and he now makes prosthetic limbs - https://blesma.org
The initial £500 raised must go to the official Mongol Rally Chairity (Cool Earth) anything over this will be split 50/50 between the two charities.
Who are Alex & Doug?
A couple of Allied Health Professionals (an Occupational Therapist and a Prosthetist) slogging away in the NHS by day and dreaming of world travel by night.
The Car... 'Sheila the Agila'
1.2 litre, 2003 Vauxhall Agila, very faded red, purchased for under £500, the perfect blank canvas to create a mean adventure machine. Working on a very tight to non-existent budget we had a vision to turn our car into a miniature car camper, complete with bed, fridge and built-in kitchen and have completed this work over many weekends. But the dream doesn’t stop there, she is now a little on the heavy side and needs a bit of work to ‘overland’ her (essentially make her more robust and up for the pot holes we are likely to hit).
How can you help?
- Charitable contribution – supporting our chosen charities would mean the world to us, we really hope we can raise a great sum for both of these worthy causes.
- Running costs – donations, spare car parts, materials, man power, eco-friendly equipment – whatever you feel you can assist with, big or small, we would love to work with you (and of course promote you in the process) - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to support us in this manner or for more info on getting your company logo on the car.
What’s in it for you?
- Your logo and message will be seen worldwide in at least 20 countries en route to Mongolia (and back) - that’s international exposure!
- Your sponsorship will be spread far and wide through our use of social media platforms, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, to document the adventure and those supporting us and the charities.
- Your customers will be thrilled to hear that you are proactive in supporting the UKs veteran community as well as considering your own environmental impact.
- Your money will have an everlasting and positive impact on the rainforest and climate change via the work of the charity Cool Earth.
- Your money will be used to continue providing much needed support to veterans to access prosthetics, to remain active and social following injury and in receiving grants to assist with the extra costs associated with a disability.
c'MON lets GO... LIA !
Updates appear here
Sheila the Agila started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
AS WE TRAVEL 365 ❤
Mar 4, 2023
An amazing journey to have watched you guys complete!!
Mar 4, 2023
To the most inspirational couple, you have done so amazingly and we can't wait to see you when you get back to the UKMark and Sophie x
Mar 4, 2023
I am sorry it took this long to donate! It has been great watching your journey!
Mar 4, 2023
Sheila the Agila is my inspiration! 😍✨✨✨🤩Hope you make £3000 before getting home!
Fiona and Adam
Mar 3, 2023
Almost there guys! Keep going and looking forward to seeing you back in the UK!
Mar 3, 2023
Trish & John
Jan 20, 2023
Donated by a lovely couple from Northamptonshire. They loved what you’re doing and wanted to make a donation to the charities you’re supporting. M x
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Sheila the Agila
We are Alex & Doug, a couple of Allied Health Professionals (an Occupational Therapist and a Prosthetist) slogging away in the NHS by day and dreaming of world travel by night. We have created our own charity rally, The Long Loop Rally 2022