Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Smile Aid has been working extensively in helping build community cohesion and changing negative perceptions into positive ones. Along with the work we do on trying to inspire the youth through Social Media, there are a number of projects we have been working on.
1. Helping the Homeless. - Smile Aid has been bringing awareness to Homelessness for many years. We feed, clothe and help homeless people get off the streets and into housing. We have been instrumental in changing the way people look at homeless people, and motivating the youth to give them a helping hand.
2. Water - Providing clean water for those who do not have it. We have installed well over 100 water wells and water filtration plants across Pakistan, providing clean drinking water to over 9 million people.
3. First Aid Training. Last year we set out on our Ten Thousand Project, where we promised to provide 10,000 families in Pakistan with life saving First Aid Training. We are pleased to inform you that we have doubled that number and have trained over 20,000 people so far.
4. Child Abuse Awareness - Since the rape and murder of Zainab Ansari, the Smile Aid team set off to Pakistan and picked 40 schools including the school where Zainab studied, and we have trained over 10,000 children in Child Abuse awareness, Personal Safety and First Aid training.
5. Community Welfare Centre in Pakistan to Support Widowed Women and Orphaned Children - The people behind Smile Aid have donated a plot of land in Pakistan to build a Community Welfare Centre. This centre will be a secure place for the vulnerable. It will also be the Hub for training First Aid and Child Abuse Awareness courses to parents and teachers from across Pakistan.
There are many other projects that we are currently working on, i.e. 1. School Uniforms for the poor in the UK; 2. Debates and discussions on issues we face as British people, which we have held in the Houses of Parliament a number of times; 3. Sports Tournaments to bring people of different colours, religions and cultures together.
If you like what Smile Aid does and would like to donate towards a cause then please kindly give only what you can afford and let us know which project you would like to put your donation towards.
To see what we are up to, please visit our Facebook Page:
Share this story
Updates appear here
sajjad sarwar started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 15, 2018
Jun 14, 2018
Jun 13, 2018
Every drop of water is a blessing from Allah swt. 💦Allhamdullilah
Jun 12, 2018
Amazing work. May Allah swt grant barkat in all ur projects. May he shower your lives with his grace & blessings. Ameen 🤲❤️
Jun 11, 2018
The best charity is to give in Ramadan 🙏
Jun 10, 2018
Smile it’s a sunnah 😀🙂🙂😉😊😍😘
Jun 9, 2018
Great work Smile Aid. 🤲❤️
Become a supporter
Help sajjad sarwar raise more