Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,
All praise is for Allah. We praise Him and seek His help and His forgiveness, we believe in Him and rely on Him. We seek refuge with Allah from the evils of ourselves and the vices of our deeds. There is no one to misguide whom Allah guides, and there is no one to guide whom Allah lets go astray.
It gives me great pleasure to confirm that I am fundraising on behalf of Purley community to building a new Masjid to cater for the ever-growing demands of the area. This Masjid, will Insha’Allah will have separate areas for Prayer as well as Islamic/Arabic coaching classes for the children to name a few.
The plan is to build 4 floors up and one floor - total 6 floors, In Sha Allah. Our target is to raise £1.5 million, and Alhamdullilah 104 Brothers and Sisters have signed up to become Fundraising Ambassadors, whereby they will be given a Fundraising Pack to raise money from friends and family. I am one of these.
Every Muslim is aware of the position of a mosque in Islamic Society. When the Prophet Rasoolullah (S.A.W) arrived in Madinah, the first act He (SAW) performed was the building of a mosque. Thereby, this indicates the importance of a mosque in Islam.
All acts of worship (ibadah) in Islam are for the purification of the soul, refinement of morals, and strengthening the ties of cooperation among the Muslims. The congregational prayers and the Friday and Eid prayers are strong examples of the nature of community within Islam and the unity of Muslims in their opinions, goals, and cooperation in achieving righteousness and in fearing Allah.
The Holy Prophet (SAW) has said on the importance of mosques:
• Ye people, praise Allah. Whoever builds a mosque for Allah, Allah, The Exalted, shall build a house for such a one in paradise.
He said: "Whoever builds a mosque with the intention of seeking Allah's pleasure, Allah will build for him a place in Paradise."Sahih Al-Bukhari, Hadith #441 | Vol.1 |
• To Allah, the most adored places are the mosques, and the most undesirable places are market places.
• Mosques are the houses of Allah, and those believers who enter therein are the guests of Allah.
• Those who visit the mosques in darkness convey to them the good news that Allah shall bestow upon them from Himself perfect light on the Day of Judgment.
• For him who makes his ablutions at home and then walks to one of the houses of Allah to discharge his obligations imposed on him by Allah, one single step of his towards the mosque wipes out a sin and next step raises his status.
• Whenever anyone of you enters a mosque let him pray that "O Allah open up for me the doors of Thy Mercy"; and whenever anyone from among you leaves a mosque, let him pray “O Allah, I seek from Thee Thy blessings.
• Of all the buildings the most beautiful and attractive in Allah's sight is a Mosque.
Allah (SWT) the most Bountiful, gracious, merciful and the most Loving says in the Holy Qur’an:
Lend unto God a goodly loan. Whatever good you shall forward on your behalf you shall find it with God, as better and richer in reward. [Al-Muzzammil 73: 20.]
Love for worldly possessions is primarily a disease of the heart while the purpose of sadaqah is to act as its antidote or cure. Sadaqah serves as a form of dhikr to remind us that all forms of wealth come from Allah and what we possess is simply a short-term for which we will be held accountable in how we discharge of it.
During these last days of Ramadhan, please help towards a good cause.
Share this story
- 2 months ago
Stephen Mutembei2 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Stephen Mutembei started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 13, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
May Allah reward you for your efforts
Jun 11, 2018
In Sha Allah this expansion helps the greater community. Ameen
Become a supporter
Help Stephen Mutembei raise more