Weʼve raised £595 to help improve the lives of families in the poorest areas of Fiji through sanitation facilities, sport schemes and literacy initiatives.
- Funded on Monday, 29th May 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In the Fiji Islands, Think Pacific provides the funding, planning and logistical support to enable volunteer teams to achieve specific development goals in the poorest areas of Fiji as the core element of a well structured, challenging and adventurous expedition. Think Pacific fund short term, medium term and long term government directives which are designed and monitored by local communities and the Fijian Ministry to provide long term social, economic and environmental benefits to local communities.
1. To make a positive contribution to immediate needs and improve local resources and infrastructure in rural Fijian communities, through financial support from Think Pacific and hands on assistance from volunteers and skilled local professionals.
2. To support a locally directed and sustainable model of development aimed at increasing local empowerment and providing long term solutions to development issues via skills sharing, community specific support, critical analysis and long term financial assistance.
3. To invest in Fiji's youth; increasing opportunities for future generations of Fijian children by facilitating access to improved infrastructure, education, training and support.
4. To enable volunteer teams to experience, explore and appreciate remote areas of the South Pacific Islands in a safe and responsible manner.
5. To promote Fijian culture, customs and traditional skills and encourage understanding and respectful behaviour from tourists.
6. To create a multiracial, international programme, which values the sharing of ideas, experiences and differences.
7. To enable volunteers to challenge themselves and develop initiative, teamwork and leadership skills through remote living and adventurous team activities.
I really hope you can help support me on this life changing opportunity not only for me but for the children who desperately need support and help from volunteers like me. Every donation will go towards making this possible.
Updates appear here
Sophie Labat started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Apr 14, 2017
Well done noodle, very proud of you xxx
Mar 10, 2017
Great challenge for a great cause, go team Sophie 🙃
Feb 20, 2017
love from andrew
Feb 12, 2017
Good Luck Sophie.
Feb 12, 2017
Good luck, Soph
Jan 30, 2017
I hope it goes well and you achieve your objective.
Jan 29, 2017
Good luck Sophie and well done you. This is a mighty challenge. Hope to see you at Wasdale Head when you do Scafell Pike. Gill xxxx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding