Weʼve raised £20 to support our latest project: Collect food, sanitary, hygiene items and deliver directly to vulnerable refugees living in the Calais Jungle.
- Stafford, United Kingdom
- Funded on Monday, 19th December 2016
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Stafford Welcomes Refugees is committed to pushing local governments to provide an adequate or fast enough response to the scale of refugee crisis. We have, are and hope to continue to do this on 4 fronts:
- Campaigning for the govt, Staffordshire County Council and Staffordshire Borough Council to receive MORE refugees in the UK than previously promised.
- Helping vulnerable refugees in crisis & dire need of help, who are already in Europe and respective camps.
- Preparing to physically support refugees due to arrive through the govt VPR programs.
- Raise awareness & educate the local community about issues surrounding refugees, in order to dispel existing and growing fears and negative biases.
We've created this crowdfunding page to seek your support so we can sustain the success of our ongoing efforts.
This is an ongoing campaign where we endeavor to run new projects to support our cause. Our current project is to deliver high priority items directly to refugees living in the squalid conditions of the #CalaisJungle. We are liaising with L'Auberge des Migrants, a charity working on the ground in Calais. Our aim is deliver by mid Sept 2016.
So, please give what you can and help us to:
- sustain our efforts and continue with our campaign for the benefit of vulnerable people fleeing civil crisis and war.
- support refugees locally & globally.
EVERY LITTLE HELPS!
Many thanks in advance for your generosity...
Updates appear here
Stafford Welcomes Refugees Community Group started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 30, 2016
Aug 21, 2016
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding