Weʼre raising £5,000 to raise funds associated costs with fighting against an incinerator being built in Barry.
- Barry, Wales, UK
- Local community
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Docks Incinerator Action Group are fundamentally opposed to the introduction of an incinerator into the Barry community.
Our reasons to fight:
* The council have decided to approve the plans for a huge incinerator without an "Environmental Impact Assessment". The plant is sited with meters of planned social housing and will be burning industrial and commercial waste.
* We want to save schools, nurseries, recreational grounds and care homes from the harmful emissions this plant will emit.
* We want to safeguard the health & wealth of our growing communities now and for future generations.
* We want to encourage our local government to look at other options of waste management that have a lesser impact on the environment.
* We don't want to be guinea pigs who pay the price for an incinerator being built in Barry - an unknown quantity across all the scientific data.
Our official petition can be found here:
Please sign & share!
Share this story
Updates appear here
Kelvin Knight started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Mar 14, 2018
If, as the saying goes, "one person CAN make a difference" imagine what a group of hard working dertermined individuals like yourselves, CAN do! Hope this donation helps! 😉
Mar 10, 2018
Mar 1, 2018
We don't need any more pollution in Barry!
Feb 24, 2018
Keep up your good work.